TV listings online.

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
This may seem like a rather silly question, but I am having trouble finding an online TV guide that shows me relative listings. I have the top Tricom plan 'Plan Max HD' but onscreen options do not allow me to see what is playing or coming up. I have tried to search individually the channels included in the plan but they do not match up to what is actually playing. Nor is it a time difference issue, the programs playing do not even show up any time that day.

Like I say it may seem rather basic or obvious to some but I am bamboozled by the basic options available.

And so if anyone could point me to an online site where the listings are relevant I would very much appreciate it.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Try looking at lyngsat.com but you will need a few channels to get you going to see what SAT their cable is pulling from..All cable compamies actually get their signal from Satellites...That said, if you know what SAT they use, 119,110 etc, there you will have your TV guide..

No biggie, I'm a PRO at this stuff...Go ahead and provide a few channels name of a few shows with time lets say for tomorrow nite...post 5 for me, will see what SAT its pulling from, most likely a combo of 119/110 and/or SKY SAT...then all you need to do is click on the SAT, see whats on TV...

Ant

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
I appreciate your help, but what you are asking from me is exactly the issue I have, I can't see what is on, which channel nor when. If I could tell you what you need to know then I would not have a problem.

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
Actually have managed to come across a site, it's not very good but does match up with what is showing at the moment.
Thanks.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey B,

okay great! I had no idea it was every channel...WTF??? call them to see whats their story and log a complaint if you get no help..However, if your still missing info, post what you can find and I will see what I can find for you anyways..

and Good Morning.LOL..looks like another nite with no sleep..Need to hit those funny papers soon, crap...But let me know B..

Ant

I appreciate your help, but what you are asking from me is exactly the issue I have, I can't see what is on, which channel nor when. If I could tell you what you need to know then I would not have a problem.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Did you guys try the menu, reset the until for channels to be loaded again? I had Tricom when I first came to the DR in 2007, so my box may be different from today's box/unit..but see whats doing under your menu screen, it should have a channel reset and also try a different main channel from lets say 4 instead of 3...Or, unplug the box for 15 minutes, remove cable...attach cable, then plug the box in, it should go into scan mode thinking its a new setup, see if that helps any too

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Well, looks like Tricome uses Intelsat, but I need to know what channels so I can see which location is being used...14, 21 etc...here is a snapshot of Intelsat 21 for example, does any of their channels match what you guys get?

Intelsat 21 at 58.0?W - LyngSat

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I have a local cable with no name ( ? ). Its got so many diffrent channels, so its not bad for 500 pesos a month.
What surprises me is they show loads of new blockbusters but in such bad quality.... sometimes the sound is 1 or 2 seconds behind the action.....
Anybody else has cable like that?