Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default stock up on stuff, increased prices are coming

La aplicación del ITBIS escalonado provocará un aumento de precios en enero - DiarioLibre.com

some basic products will go up because the of the change in taxes: sugar, coffee, chocolate, oil, margarine and yogurt. but more importantly the alcohol will go up as well starting in january. so you better stock up now if you want to celebrate tres reyes...

2. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, it was mentioned a while back that prices in food was going to increase again
    and here it is.

I agree, stock up!
    Last edited by bronzeallspice; 12-10-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been said, and correctly, "You Can't TAX a Nation into Prosperity!
    Or, "Tax AND THEN Spend" either!!!!!
    I think it's about time for our annual,"DR1" "Predictions for Next Year" thread!!!!
    For those of us, like me, who predicted the DR Pesos, at 50 to 1 to the US Dollar, all I can say is, the "Banco Central" was able to prove us wrong, by massive infusion of money into the DR's economy!!!!
    Down side is, they borrowed the MONEY!
    And can't pay back the loans!!!
    I will AGAIN predict the peso at 50 to 1 for next year!!!!!
    "Sooner, or Later", I'll be RIGHT!!!!!
    I "PREDICT", SOONER!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

5. Likes kampinge, Mauricio, Squat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing new here.

They will raise the price because the minimum wage had gone up and the food companies and supermarket have to raise the prices in order to profit and since now no one can live with new food prices government have to raise the minimum wage and since minimum wage had gone up food prices have to go up and...

7. Likes bob saunders, Squat liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

CC, I'm still waiting for that 50 pesos, it was supposed to come this year. I had already adjusted my spending to that exchange rate!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Many local people were please about the 50-1 years ago. Only to see the ration drop but the prices of products stay the same. Is this what we are looking at?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It has never been proven that an increase in minimum wage has led to inflation or unemployment. Keeping poor people working at poverty wage improves nothing. In fact, quite the opposite. Higher minimum wages allow for more spending and creates more employment.

11. Likes PeterInBrat, frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The, "56 to 1" was a fluke due to "Hipolito's" mismanagement of EVERYTHING!!!!!
    This time it's due to "Borrow & Spend" by "Leonel", & "Danilo"!
    I'm ready for the collapse of the DR's economy.
    I have US $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and 12ga. shotgun shells for my "Mossy"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

13. Likes malko liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dandman View Post
    It has never been proven that an increase in minimum wage has led to inflation or unemployment. Keeping poor people working at poverty wage improves nothing. In fact, quite the opposite. Higher minimum wages allow for more spending and creates more employment.
    maybe you don't live here and cannot see first hand the dynamics of dominican economy. in 7 years that i have been here the changes in minimum wage were always followed by increase in prices. it is also tied to petrol costs (both in terms of transport and electricity). the higher the costs of production the more expensive the product. it is simple. the purchase power is not changing for better.

15. Likes KateP, Koreano liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Been here a lot longer than 7 years. In my opinion, price increases have been due to the dollar/peso exchange rate than to minimum wage. None of us gain by keeping poor people poor.

17. Likes tflea, frank12 liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast