Recipee for Habichuelas con dulce?

M

Mizzy Lee

Hi everybody,

does anybody know the recipiee for habichuelas con dulce? I have eaten it once in Doimincan Republic and it tasted wonderful. I would love to prepare it at home. Recipees in German will be appreciated but English is also ok ;-).

Thanks in advance

Mizzy

P

Pib

I know I shouldn't do this.

I see that nobody replied your question. I wouldn?t dare if anybody else volunteers. I never wrote the recipe for this, I guess we just learn it at home and don?t measure anything, we just put a pinch of this and a pinch of that till it?s right. I tried calling my mom but she wasn?t home, so I?ll bite the bullet and just do it. I am assuming that you?ve tried it before and that you just want to copy the recipe.

I?ll try to pull this off, but I am in now way responsible for any accident or illness resulting from the consumption of this. My mom would buy the coconut and make her own cream. I will give you the simplest recipe made with stuff you can buy just about anywhere.

Ingredients:
1 pound of red kidney beans
1 cup of white refined sugar
? cup raisins
1 can of coconut cream (2 cups)
5 cups milk or 3 cups evaporated milk
Cinnamon sticks
Cloves (optional)
1 tablespoon of butter
Salt (a pinch)
Regular cassava bread
Cookies (these are special cookies about the size of a quarter made for this recipe, if you can?t buy them in DR best substitute is regular milk cookies)

Leave the beans soaking overnight. Boil the beans till they're soft, keep adding enough water to leave at least 1 liter when they beans are soft. Add all the ingredients except the cookies, cassava and raisins. Keep boiling till it is creamy. Try and add more sugar if needed. Add the raisins, let boil for another 5 mins. Put off the fire. Add cookies and let cool. Put in the refrigerator till it chills.

Spread some butter on the cassava and put in the oven till it toasts. Serve with cassava on the side. If you don?t consume it you can keep it for another 24 hours in the fridge.

Note: Habichuela con dulce taste good the first day, great the second day, the third day it is deadly (if it doesn?t kill you it will kill whomever you sleep with).

M

Mizzy Lee

What does it mean?

Hi Pib,

great job, thanks a lot! One more question: How would you translate "habichuelas con dulce" and did I spell it correctly? Does it mean something like sweet beans or so?
Oh, and I guess what is called milk cookies in English are not cookies made with milk but ordinary sort of pale-looking cookies made with eggs and flour, right?

By the way, I ' ll try it and if it kills me, I'll let you know. ;-)

Cuidate,

Mizzy

P

Pib

It mean Sweet Beans

Your spelling is correct. You got it right about the cookies too. Come back and tell us how your "experiment" went.

Buen Provecho,
Pib