Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: DR frogs.

  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default DR frogs.

    Last night our lovely cat brought in another guest from outside and this time it kinda freaked me out. I have seen many frogs and this one had different color then what I was used to. It wasn't in the very well lit room but the thing was almost black or very dark brown. I tried to catch it with glove on and this thing was crying like a dog. That sound really freaked me, wife and our cat out. Does DR frogs makes that sound instead of normal "ribbit" sounds?

    And How to stop cat from bringing live or dead things in to the house? It got kicked out to balcony last night and I am afraid it will stay there for a while unless he stops bringing in unwanted guest from outside like mouse, lizard and frogs.

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koreano View Post
    Last night our lovely cat brought in another guest from outside and this time it kinda freaked me out. I have seen many frogs and this one had different color then what I was used to. It wasn't in the very well lit room but the thing was almost black or very dark brown. I tried to catch it with glove on and this thing was crying like a dog. That sound really freaked me, wife and our cat out. Does DR frogs makes that sound instead of normal "ribbit" sounds?

    And How to stop cat from bringing live or dead things in to the house? It got kicked out to balcony last night and I am afraid it will stay there for a while unless he stops bringing in unwanted guest from outside like mouse, lizard and frogs.
    Our cat does the same thing. I usually just chop them up and make an omelet out of them.

    Frank

  3. Likes Rattus_Rattus, N/A liked this post
  4. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the sound is pretty much normal, i've heard it before.
    cat cannot be stopped, really. he hunts and treats you like completely useless fools who cannot do this job as well as he can so he has to do it for you. don't lock him out or up. feed him more. maybe he will become too lazy, like my cats

  5. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    the sound is pretty much normal, i've heard it before.
    cat cannot be stopped, really. he hunts and treats you like completely useless fools who cannot do this job as well as he can so he has to do it for you. don't lock him out or up. feed him more. maybe he will become too lazy, like my cats
    I guess that's why he always goes out because we didn't feed enough? We just feed him twice a day, one cup full in the morning and one at night. But thing is he's keep getting bigger and now fairly fat. I tell people that our cat might be eating all the puppies around the house but I am fairly sure that he's been feeding of of some of the critters around the house. I guess I will try your route and start all you can feast diet and see if he becomes too fat to squeeze out of the bars of balcony.

  6. Likes ramesses liked this post
  7. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ha ha ha, no, i was not criticizing your cat management. my cats used to kill various critters and bring them home but they are both really fat now, and a bit older and they'd rather sleep they still hunt but less. and we provide food at all times, the bowl is filled several times a day. this is because the third cat is epileptic and she needs to have access to food. other bastards benefit from that.

  8. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koreano View Post
    I guess that's why he always goes out because we didn't feed enough? We just feed him twice a day, one cup full in the morning and one at night. But thing is he's keep getting bigger and now fairly fat. I tell people that our cat might be eating all the puppies around the house but I am fairly sure that he's been feeding of of some of the critters around the house. I guess I will try your route and start all you can feast diet and see if he becomes too fat to squeeze out of the bars of balcony.
    Why not eat the cat once he fattens up?

    I'll come over and help you. I will bring some hot sauce and garlic bread.

    Frank

  9. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    Why not eat the cat once he fattens up?

    I'll come over and help you. I will bring some hot sauce and garlic bread.

    Frank
    LOL...
    Bring your friend as well. He is fat enough for a feast.

    But in seriousness, I feel we got the right cat but he's just too active these days. He got out at night other day and he returned with scars that had to be stitched at vet.

    I guess these time will pass..

  10. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    it will pass, don't worry. he is still young, isn't he? about one year? he will slow down. getting a second cat also helps as they play with each other and are less interested in outdoor adventures.

    we have bars in all doors, there is one place slightly tighter that others. it's fun to see fatso try to pass through there, back off and then use a different gap. when my fail foster cat mama was heavily prego she would get stuck and then help herself through with her paws, farting loudly.

  11. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    CATS HUNT!!!!!!!
    I love it when our "Mami Cat" brings home a "Lagarto", small lizard, alive, to teach her kittens how to "Hunt & Kill"!

    It's very entertaining to watch them torture the lizard for hours, while I smoke a good cigar.
    I'm thinking of getting a few real Tigers, and see what they drag home???????
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

  12. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My ex cat ( sadly ) would bring mice back to the kitchen and actually peel the skin off them.... wake up in the morning and be greeted to blood stained peace of chewed up meat when u make coffee, great........

  13. Likes frank12 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •