DR frogs.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Last night our lovely cat brought in another guest from outside and this time it kinda freaked me out. I have seen many frogs and this one had different color then what I was used to. It wasn't in the very well lit room but the thing was almost black or very dark brown. I tried to catch it with glove on and this thing was crying like a dog. That sound really freaked me, wife and our cat out. Does DR frogs makes that sound instead of normal "ribbit" sounds?

And How to stop cat from bringing live or dead things in to the house? It got kicked out to balcony last night and I am afraid it will stay there for a while unless he stops bringing in unwanted guest from outside like mouse, lizard and frogs.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Last night our lovely cat brought in another guest from outside and this time it kinda freaked me out. I have seen many frogs and this one had different color then what I was used to. It wasn't in the very well lit room but the thing was almost black or very dark brown. I tried to catch it with glove on and this thing was crying like a dog. That sound really freaked me, wife and our cat out. Does DR frogs makes that sound instead of normal "ribbit" sounds?

And How to stop cat from bringing live or dead things in to the house? It got kicked out to balcony last night and I am afraid it will stay there for a while unless he stops bringing in unwanted guest from outside like mouse, lizard and frogs.

Our cat does the same thing. I usually just chop them up and make an omelet out of them.

Frank

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the sound is pretty much normal, i've heard it before.
cat cannot be stopped, really. he hunts and treats you like completely useless fools who cannot do this job as well as he can so he has to do it for you. don't lock him out or up. feed him more. maybe he will become too lazy, like my cats :)

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
the sound is pretty much normal, i've heard it before.
cat cannot be stopped, really. he hunts and treats you like completely useless fools who cannot do this job as well as he can so he has to do it for you. don't lock him out or up. feed him more. maybe he will become too lazy, like my cats :)

I guess that's why he always goes out because we didn't feed enough? We just feed him twice a day, one cup full in the morning and one at night. But thing is he's keep getting bigger and now fairly fat. I tell people that our cat might be eating all the puppies around the house but I am fairly sure that he's been feeding of of some of the critters around the house. I guess I will try your route and start all you can feast diet and see if he becomes too fat to squeeze out of the bars of balcony.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha, no, i was not criticizing your cat management. :) my cats used to kill various critters and bring them home but they are both really fat now, and a bit older and they'd rather sleep ;) they still hunt but less. and we provide food at all times, the bowl is filled several times a day. this is because the third cat is epileptic and she needs to have access to food. other bastards benefit from that. :)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I guess that's why he always goes out because we didn't feed enough? We just feed him twice a day, one cup full in the morning and one at night. But thing is he's keep getting bigger and now fairly fat. I tell people that our cat might be eating all the puppies around the house but I am fairly sure that he's been feeding of of some of the critters around the house. I guess I will try your route and start all you can feast diet and see if he becomes too fat to squeeze out of the bars of balcony.

Why not eat the cat once he fattens up?

I'll come over and help you. I will bring some hot sauce and garlic bread.

Frank

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012

Frank

LOL...
Bring your friend as well. He is fat enough for a feast.

But in seriousness, I feel we got the right cat but he's just too active these days. He got out at night other day and he returned with scars that had to be stitched at vet. :(

I guess these time will pass..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it will pass, don't worry. he is still young, isn't he? about one year? he will slow down. getting a second cat also helps as they play with each other and are less interested in outdoor adventures.

we have bars in all doors, there is one place slightly tighter that others. it's fun to see fatso try to pass through there, back off and then use a different gap. when my fail foster cat mama was heavily prego she would get stuck and then help herself through with her paws, farting loudly.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
CATS HUNT!!!!!!!
I love it when our "Mami Cat" brings home a "Lagarto", small lizard, alive, to teach her kittens how to "Hunt & Kill"!

It's very entertaining to watch them torture the lizard for hours, while I smoke a good cigar.
I'm thinking of getting a few real Tigers, and see what they drag home???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
My ex cat ( sadly ) would bring mice back to the kitchen and actually peel the skin off them.... wake up in the morning and be greeted to blood stained peace of chewed up meat when u make coffee, great........

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I find giant moth wings on the floor some mornings.
They eat the body, and leave the wings alone.
"Yummy"!
Grossest thing "they" ever gave me was a half eaten kitten!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I love that my cats and dogs kill the roaches, beetles, rats and moths! Less for me to deal with! I don't like them killing frogs,crabs or geckos but it's what they do. I try and reason with the crabs but they glare and throw up their pinchers at me.

You will get used to it! Just clean it up and forget about it.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Frank,

You can have my rescued kitten, cub sandwich is on me, bring the sauce....damn thing thinks she owns the place already

Frank

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
it will pass, don't worry. he is still young, isn't he? about one year? he will slow down. getting a second cat also helps as they play with each other and are less interested in outdoor adventures.

we have bars in all doors, there is one place slightly tighter that others. it's fun to see fatso try to pass through there, back off and then use a different gap. when my fail foster cat mama was heavily prego she would get stuck and then help herself through with her paws, farting loudly.

Oh no...
Being owned by one cat is enough. I am not going to bring another one in.
1+1 never = 0
With our luck we will probably have two frogs or puppy to clean up in the morning.