Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Pandora for All your Devices

spiral

May 2, 2013
I saw someone had mentioned a add-in for the chrome browser that let them play Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Pandora. The problem with this is you are tied to you browser. If you want to ensure that all your devices in the house have access to all these services first get an PPTP account with strong VPN. They are 55.00 dollars a year. The buy a Buffalo router with DD-WRT as the firmware (http://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-AirStation-HighPower-Wireless-WZR-600DHP/dp/B0096239G0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386783903&sr=8-2&keywords=Buffalo+router).

If you follow the instructions off of strong VPN's site to configure it should be easy. Of course plug this router in to your ISP router with the WAN plugged in to the LAN side. The all your devices can plug into it (Roku, Samsung TV, IPad (other tablet), phones.

For HD content you want at least 4Mps data speed, You can survive with only 1.5 though.

Ensure the VPN server you pick is in Miami as that is the one closest to us.

Not as easy or as cheap as the Chrome Plugin but effective for the wholehouse.

My Claro Cable has maybe 5 English channels and repeats the same crap over and over again. I don't know how I would survive with out my US IP address.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I switched from CLARO to a cable modem and found out I now have a US IP address.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Is there one in POP? I too am tired of the same crap and would love to get Netflix at least.

Sep 4, 2012
One need not to buy the router from Strong VPN with DD-WRT and VPN already configured. The same can be accomplished with any router. Just install DD-WRT plus the VPN sofware provide by Strong VPN by following instructions from within Strong VPN website once a customer with a valid account.

Seacreature

Jul 27, 2013
www.dynagirlonline.com
While we're talking service providers, anyone have an alternative to Claro in Punta Cana? Been trying to get them to install a direct line, but I'm dealing with the "must have a bank account for six months" thing right now. Would love to get hard wired internet up and running so we can get off the cell phone, but I haven't been able to find anyone else in the area. Help!

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
I saw someone had mentioned a add-in for the chrome browser that let them play Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Pandora. The problem with this is you are tied to you browser. If you want to ensure that all your devices in the house have access to all these services first get an PPTP account with strong VPN. They are 55.00 dollars a year. The buy a Buffalo router with DD-WRT as the firmware (http://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-AirStation-HighPower-Wireless-WZR-600DHP/dp/B0096239G0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386783903&sr=8-2&keywords=Buffalo+router).

If you follow the instructions off of strong VPN's site to configure it should be easy. Of course plug this router in to your ISP router with the WAN plugged in to the LAN side. The all your devices can plug into it (Roku, Samsung TV, IPad (other tablet), phones.

For HD content you want at least 4Mps data speed, You can survive with only 1.5 though.

Ensure the VPN server you pick is in Miami as that is the one closest to us.

Not as easy or as cheap as the Chrome Plugin but effective for the wholehouse.

My Claro Cable has maybe 5 English channels and repeats the same crap over and over again. I don't know how I would survive with out my US IP address.

We have the exact same set up, works flawlessly, we use Nexflix and Amazon Prime, excellent, as well you can set the VPN for your iphone or ipad as well, then when you teather somewhere away from home, it is like you are in Miami from wherever your are.

g'luck

Jan 17, 2009
You can get it with a VPN or, like I have, smart DNS. Smart DNS is easy to configure in your computer and devices (except ROKU which does not have a way of configuring DNS like AppleTV has).

Jan 17, 2009
"Anyone getting US Netflix in Puerto Plata?"

You can get it with a VPN or, like I have, smart DNS. Smart DNS is easy to configure in your computer and devices (except ROKU which does not have a way of configuring DNS like AppleTV has).