Leaving the country?

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Not a big deal really. I assume you will be flying and not going on a cruise. You still have to fill out the small cards for Customs and wherever you are heading to. The main thing is that since you have your cedula it doesn't matter how long you've been here, you won't need to pay the exit fees for any overstay. The other thing is on your way back in you can skip the line for buying the tourist card and go straight to the line for immigration.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Instead of the blue paper for tourists, you fill in the white (smaller) paper for residents. On the back you write your cedula number and residence card number (at least that's one immigration officer told me and since then I have always done it. You show the residence card + the white migration form at the migration desk.

The customs form (if they have it, last time I travelled they ran out of them) you give when leaving the migration area.

When coming back you ask (in the plane) again the white form for residents (they will ask if you need the form for Dominicans: yes you do). You don't buy the tourist card and go straight to the migrations desk for residents.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Depending on the airline and your destination even though you are a resident you may have to pay a small tax fee, again it depends on the airline. Ask at the ticket counter or at the gate.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
That's what I do, write my Cedula/Residence number (Same Number) on the back of the paper and it goes much faster getting through immigration.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Depending on the airline and your destination even though you are a resident you may have to pay a small tax fee, again it depends on the airline. Ask at the ticket counter or at the gate.

Sounds like they are ripping you off, never heard of such a thing.
If you are a resident, then there are no additional fees.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If you`re travelling thru PUJ, when you come back there`s a line on the right for Dominicans and residents for customs. LOVE it, especially when the main line goes all the way out to the tarmac.

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
It's been so long since I've flown out of here I can't quite remember, but I think in the past I had to pay something at a desk once through and into departures, am I imagining this, and if not do I still do this.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It's been so long since I've flown out of here I can't quite remember, but I think in the past I had to pay something at a desk once through and into departures, am I imagining this, and if not do I still do this.

1. You pay an overstay tax/fee as a NON resident past 30 days, you DO NOT pay anything as a resident for an overstay.

2. There is $10 departure tax included in the ticket on US bound flights, may or may not be included in ticket price on other destinations, has nothing to do with residency.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
yes but Canadian airlines include the $10 tourist card in the flight cost... I just keep mine and give it to an american friend for their next trip down

1. You pay an overstay tax/fee as a NON resident past 30 days, you DO NOT pay anything as a resident for an overstay.

2. There is $10 departure tax included in the ticket on US bound flights, may or may not be included in ticket price on other destinations, has nothing to do with residency.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
yes but Canadian airlines include the $10 tourist card in the flight cost... I just keep mine and give it to an american friend for their next trip down

If you read my post, I said may or may not be included to other destinations, my apologies if I offended anybody from Manitoba, I'll consult with my pal Pedro in Pinewa.

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
If you read my post, I said may or may not be included to other destinations, my apologies if I offended anybody from Manitoba, I'll consult with my pal Pedro in Pinewa.

Jaja hey now... what is wrong with us campasinos from Manitoba..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He only used Manitoba b/c its easier to spell than Saskatchewan .....

But . clearly, he studied geography.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the departure tax (20 dollars) is included in the price of most of the tickets. i have only paid it when flying charters to the UK, never on a normal ticket. i assume this is what you are talking about here.

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
One more uncertainty. Is it true that as a resident I am required to be in the country for a certain length of time each year?