Edenorte Strikes Again!!!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hello,

If you live in POP, then maybe you to are going through the fun/games of Edenorte..Off/On Off/On Off/On..WTF!!! all night last night and again today..Well, now my fridge may be burnt! I need this now!!!! Is there any guarantee's by Edenorte on replacing electronics since its their fault? Has anyone fought them on anything that burned as a result of them jerking their power switch!!!I'm serious..On/off multi times before they finally shut it down for only 20 minutes..came back on and now my fridge does not work

I do have a very good contact at their headquarters in SD, but I wanted to know if any one had such a problem and they paid for your item to be replaced or not..I know, belongs in the clown bin I'm sure!

Thanks

Ant

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I hear that, just wanted to know if anyone here was successful at holding them accountable for blowing our stuff up! This is BS!! I am so screwed!! Another thing I brought upon myself I'm sure...Okay...going to see how this thread goes, if nothing comes of it, will make that call tomorrow and report back..

Thanks

Ant

Maybe get a regulator for the next fridge you get?

I think you know the answer to your question!!! Ed doesn't give a sh*t!

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
Is it an old fridge, as I understand it is many of the fridges sold here have a built in safety gadget pre installed. To claim anything you would at least have to prove they broke it, and that would be difficult, have you tried where you bought it under guarantee, you might have more luck there if it is valid, or at least a free or reduced repair job.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no one ever got anything back from edenorte. it's like asking about resurrection. give up. get one of those cheap extention cables that have voltage regulator built in. or get a cheap inversor. i had never had any electronics fail due to power issues.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Its is and it does, about 12 Years old double side by side Whirlpool...The thing that did it was the erratic on/off they pulled today, I even saw my Fenzo light up due to the Spike..I never seen them do that before..maybe 3 second intervals around 5 times in a row then off for 20 minutes, fridge never came back. okay, silly rabbit time...will make that call tomorrow to see what Mrs Edenorte can do this time if anything.. In the meantime I'm just going to sit and let my blood boil over..

Is it an old fridge, as I understand it is many of the fridges sold here have a built in safety gadget pre installed. To claim anything you would at least have to prove they broke it, and that would be difficult, have you tried where you bought it under guarantee, you might have more luck there if it is valid, or at least a free or reduced repair job.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
a fridge should last up to 20 years with a few fixes here and there, usually the thermostat and /or fan goes on them and at times, may need a charge if moved etc...its only 12 Years old, sits there doing its thing..but you cannot throw electric up/down at any electronics like I had today..I'm just glad I had my computer protected since I saw the spike light hit a few times...

I bet the fridge has a burnt power supply, and hopefully it stopped there..Thing is, no way I can get it fixed until next Month, but may be time to say the hell with this again...off the chain too much crap!

Is 12 years not a decent age for a fridge? I'd be happy if my fridges lasted that long.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
a fridge should last up to 20 years with a few fixes here and there, usually the thermostat and /or fan goes on them and at times, may need a charge if moved etc...its only 12 Years old, sits there doing its thing..but you cannot throw electric up/down at any electronics like I had today..I'm just glad I had my computer protected since I saw the spike light hit a few times...

I bet the fridge has a burnt power supply, and hopefully it stopped there..Thing is, no way I can get it fixed until next Month, but may be time to say the hell with this again...off the chain too much crap!

I Can't do it.....

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
UPDATE: Okay, decided to take her apart once I did a search on the web where her vitals were located...Turns out the relay to the fan was loose on one side. I'm sure it was caused from the multi on/off of power compliments to Edenorte, making the connection loose...

And thank God! I still need so many things, last thing I needed was to buy a fridge...Overall, I'm still making the call to corporate, just curious what happens should we lose any of our electronics as a result from Edenorte's brown outs..They should be held accountable!! And this goes with my other thought...What would happen if you needed a respirator to live and Edenorte shut you off causing a death? Would they be charge/sued for wrongful death?

Also, Edenorte has a schedule of our brown outs by sector via their website

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
I doubt it, they are not even held accountable for dangling live wires in the street that kill many each year.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
I really cant see how a loose connection on a fan relay is edenorte's fault. Crap happens and it happens a lot more here than the states. I read your posts on here and cant help but wonder, what the hell are you doing here? Seriously. Florida Keys would probably be more comfortable for you. And you have to know the electric co has more problems to worry about than playing flick the switch on you. The power goes out here, a lot. This is a third world or developing country, whichever you prefer. Of course you can pay more money and live in casa de campo or metro and you wont have energy issues. Of course you will have electric bills of more than 300usd each month. I live on a main road in SD. We have energy 90+% of the time. And water all the time except for when our tinaca is empty. One phone call and 5 or 10 minutes later we have water again.

Anyway best of luck dude.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Thanks,

But I don't think you understand electricity....Read my post...There were quite a few spikes( High Voltage) that came through when they started to shut it down..Whatever the hell they did, we flashed 5 or 6 times every few seconds...as the result of the spikes, it obviously blew off part of the relay on one side, just glad it didn't burn it, but it does smell pretty bad. And what am I doing here..You will need to back track very well on my posts..I'm SSID, so I do not have the freedom to go or stay where I wish, was not my choice to come here,but had to due to my finances..BTW, I been here for 8 Years, lived in SD for 7 1/2 , so I know this Country fairly well..No idea where you live in SD, but I never heard of any given area there having electric when the rest of us didn't. However, I had an Inverter as well, so it never made a difference to me. I'm just damn glad that I was able to fix my fridge, but going to replace that relay when I can because I'm not out of the woods yet due to the brown outs here that we get very, very often..

I really cant see how a loose connection on a fan relay is edenorte's fault. Crap happens and it happens a lot more here than the states. I read your posts on here and cant help but wonder, what the hell are you doing here? Seriously. Florida Keys would probably be more comfortable for you. And you have to know the electric co has more problems to worry about than playing flick the switch on you. The power goes out here, a lot. This is a third world or developing country, whichever you prefer. Of course you can pay more money and live in casa de campo or metro and you wont have energy issues. Of course you will have electric bills of more than 300usd each month. I live on a main road in SD. We have energy 90+% of the time. And water all the time except for when our tinaca is empty. One phone call and 5 or 10 minutes later we have water again.

Anyway best of luck dude.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks,

But I don't think you understand electricity....Read my post...There were quite a few spikes( High Voltage) that came through when they started to shut it down..Whatever the hell they did, we flashed 5 or 6 times every few seconds...as the result of the spikes, it obviously blew off part of the relay on one side, just glad it didn't burn it, but it does smell pretty bad. And what am I doing here..You will need to back track very well on my posts..I'm SSID, so I do not have the freedom to go or stay where I wish, was not my choice to come here,but had to due to my finances..BTW, I been here for 8 Years, lived in SD for 7 1/2 , so I know this Country fairly well..No idea where you live in SD, but I never heard of any given area there having electric when the rest of us didn't. However, I had an Inverter as well, so it never made a difference to me. I'm just damn glad that I was able to fix my fridge, but going to replace that relay when I can because I'm not out of the woods yet due to the brown outs here that we get very, very often..

Skynet, there are "A" circuits in SD where the electricity almost NEVER goes off. Maybe important government buildings or important people living there. They're also usually the areas where people actually pay their bills. My mother-in-law didn't even have an inverter, wasn't necessary.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey AE,

Thanks, I knew about the Government Buildings etc, but now shocked (little pun intended..) to hear this, especially if those folks live in an apartment building..When I would shop at Serina, even they lost power which switched over to I guess their generator after about 10 minutes or so...Also, you cleared up the online Edenorte dilemma for me :) They actually have the day/times scheduled on their site as to when we will have no power. However, they show sectors of A,B C & D, had no idea what it meant until your post, pretty cool!! :)

Ant

Skynet, there are "A" circuits in SD where the electricity almost NEVER goes off. Maybe important government buildings or important people living there. They're also usually the areas where people actually pay their bills. My mother-in-law didn't even have an inverter, wasn't necessary.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
In a previous life i repaired appliances and hvac equipment. Went to an actual college and studied commercial electrical so i have pretty good understanding of electricity or i would not have commented. Spikes, lightening, quick on and offs caused problems for high load parts mainly compressors. We would install 5 minute delay timers on all a/c equipment to prevent tearing up compressors because they would want to come right back on with tons of pressure on the high pressure side. You could install a timer on ur fridge as well. Relays did get smoked occasionally but on 12 year old refridge i would have to say it was just its time to go. (I would be willing to bet the fridge has been moved a couple of times during its lifetime, fridges dont really like being moved.) I doubt the spikes helped but i would hardly believe that it was solely the fault of the edenorte. Anyway i would do like Dv8 suggested get a triplite or a ups for your important electrical devices.

Btw, i dont have an inversor either and really dont feel the need for it. There are plenty of places in SD that have reliable electricity. In the barrios? No.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Bingo! Reason why I have a Frenzo for my computer, has a few selected delays on it for such an issue. As for my fridge, its a good one and I keep it clean, especially the fans, compressor and underbody so the air can move freely. I'm positive that relay got it from said spikes. I was almost in panic mode when they kept flashing for whatever reason as I said before, was gonna run around and unplug everything, was that worried..And I'm pretty much a jack of all trades..Been an apprentice for a few Years with Rolands Electric in N Babylon NY, which I went to boces to learn that trade, then a Vet Tech for a few Years, went to Farmingdale University for Small Animal Care, but really wanted to move on to Cornell after..Then I hit the Automotive Trade for 18 Years, and now? thrown into the gates of hell of the Dominican Republic where Satan laughs at me..LOL..Oh Joy! ;)

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
OMG Skynet... you're such a Drama Queen !! Are you sure you're a man ???
Or you're in need of attention from anyone, I would gues.... Your pets are not enough for you ??
Get a life man...