AZB and Board Guidelines

T

Tired old Guy

Atfab:

I'm afraid this will be my last response to you, or anyone else. I can't figure out the criteria for NOT getting your messages delted here. Though the supposed guidelines say one thing, those in contol certainly practice another.

I don't mind playing by the rules in someone else's sandbox, but when sensible messages get deleted and those that are written saying "this board sucks, you guys are tight assed etc" remain, there appers to be a problem with eqitable application of policy

D

DR1

And I think you all know why....

As I have said many, many times. Sometimes innocent posts get removed with idiot and childish posts. I don't have the time to rebuild threads and read all the posts on this board.

Right now that's how it is. Is it going to change in the future? Yes, we have a better solution in the works. When? Sometime real soon.

Don't take it personally if one of your posts gets deleted, that's just how it is right now.

Rob.

T

Tired old Guy

Not exactly

Rob

I obviously don't know exactly why, as I have questioned your motives twice. the first time my post was the beginning of a subject, the second a rather long and aggrevating story.

I respect your right to conduct your business as you see fit and will refrain from further posting, but I believe your approach is less than appropriate in the circumstances I have experienced

What I do not understand is why you take the time to remove rather innocuous posts, yet let something such as this remain

DR1 Message Board

BUNCH OF GEEKS

Posted By: LYOD CHRISTMAS (165.155.112.1)
Date: Monday, 29 October 2001, at 2:10 p.m.

In Response To: Love the positive! (wobbly)

WHY IS EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD SO TIGHT-ASS...LOOSEN UP.

LYOD

M

mondongo

post guidelines...its a free market

This is a suggestion not made in gest: if there are enough people out there who dont like the way this board is run....then set up your own!!!...simple as that...thats the way the free market works...

D

DR1

One more time...

I don't read all the messages. Often people email me when they see inappropriate posts, this I appreciate very much.

As I have always said, if someone has a problem with the way we run DR1, they are more than welcome to seek out other DR related message boards and resources. This is their right and I encourage them to exercise this right :)

Yeah, I know that sounds arrogant, but after a while you get sick and tired of beating your head against a brick wall. What do they say? You can't please all the people...

By the way, I agree with the post you referred to.

"Posted By: LYOD CHRISTMAS (165.155.112.1)"

Some of you need to loosen up, take a Prozac, even better,
come down to the DR have a beer and a little fun.

Rob.

E

El Jefecito

Out of curiosity...are the Board's guidelines posted somewhere? I don't remember seeing them. Personaly, I can do without the flames, but if flamed will try to use noninsulting language to reply. It does sometimes liven up the board but constant harping is boring in itself.

I am new to the board and have gotten some good info from most posters, especially ECH MD. I have gotten some of my best info from the folks that are doing the arguing. Once you get past the personalities and prejudices, they all have something to offer...may not agree with it myself but it may be what someone else is looking for.

D

DR1

They are at the....

bottom of every post on this board.

http://www.dr1.com/board/guidelines.shtml

Also a link is placed on the bottom of the main index page for the message board.

Rob.

E

El Jefecito

Re: They are at the....

Maybe move them to the top in bigger letters that old fogies like me can see. I never got below the Post Message button before. Keep up the good work.