Grolsh beer - where can I find some!

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
Has anyone seen Grolsh bottles of beer for sale in bottles in Sosoua / Cabarete / Puerto Plata?

Thanks in advance

May 29, 2006
I haven't even seen it in the States in 10 years. Pity, because in the DR, the spring loaded caps would be very handy.

Aug 6, 2006
Grolsch is available in the fancy bottles as well as traditional bottles at Total Wine here in Miami, FL, at around NE 148th and Biscayne Blvd. They have beer from everywhere. I have not seen Quesqueya, there, however.

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
It was in Cabarete around 2005-6-7, but haven't seen it anywhere else. I found it whilst looking for draught Guinness. I can't tell you any more other than I didn't buy it because it was so expensive, and I don't really agree with vegan beer, or those who drink it on principle or the vast majority of them anyway.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
"Vegan beer"??? Isn't beer "vegan" by design??? Grain, hops, malt, water... right??? Maybe some flavorings for the micro brews or specialty beers. I don't know of any animal products used in beer at all.

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
"Vegan beer"??? Isn't beer "vegan" by design??? Grain, hops, malt, water... right??? Maybe some flavorings for the micro brews or specialty beers. I don't know of any animal products used in beer at all.

Most beers are filtered using animal products including fish bladders, gills and other animal fats and liver extracts.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

it should be. but the mass production f**ks everything up. animal products are in most regular foods, cosmetics and other stuff you'd never suspect.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
The only guy I knew that drank Grolsh was the guy that lived downstairs from me as a kid and he never left the house unless he was goin to buy more grolsh and a dime bag. I was obsessed with the bottles because I am a retired bb gun sniper that avoided capture by all means necessary.

May 29, 2006
My brother drank Grolsch for a while, but not for the beer. He was getting into micro-brewing and wanted the bottles.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When younger, I never liked beer, since my father only had Heineken. I thought all beer tasted like that and never drank it. Later I tried and liked Hoegaarden (and they sell it in Jumbo), Wieckse Witte and only just a few years ago I was served Grolsch, which is actually an excellent beer.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
OK,
What is special about Grolsch beer? (Besides the spelling.)?
I'd like a Sam Adams tho'.