Helmets???!!!

Do you wear a Helmet on your Moto or ATV?

I put my Go Pro Cam on my Helmet in hopes I would wear it more. It is just so awesome wearing no Helmet in the DR!! I feel so FREEEEEE!!!

My wife does have brain injury from a moto accident in Canada from being hit on her moto with wearing a helmet but we both LOVE riding freeeeeeeeeee!!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Harley! Put that helmet back on your head before you end up being road pizza!:D

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
Helmets on bikes is a no brainier, unless you really want a no brainier, literally! Stick a lid on it, even hitting bugs at 50mph is unpleasant a locust in your eye on the move in traffic is enougn to make you blind for long enough to drift into oncoming, I'd expect a drunken dominican in a Toyota even at 20mph stings a little more than a bug.

Helmets on bikes is a no brainier, unless you really want a no brainier, literally! Stick a lid on it, even hitting bugs at 50mph is unpleasant a locust in your eye on the move in traffic is enougn to make you blind for long enough to drift into oncoming, I'd expect a drunken dominican in a Toyota even at 20mph stings a little more than a bug.

I always make sure I have sunglasses on or I wear clear glasses at night! The bugs here are brutal, I have no idea how people can ride non stop with nothing covering their eyes!!

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I do not drive in the DR. I do take some rides on Motos, only in town and only by drivers I know. The guys I take, drive slowly on my request but there are many maniacs out there. As a passenger, I have been thinking of getting a helmet for my trips. I do not care how stupid I look.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I'm 63, rode a few times, had friends killed with and without. Sometimes a helmet will save you

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Look at actor Gary Busey. He had a motorcycle accident while protesting a helmet law and fractured his
skull. He also had to have reconstructive facial surgery.

Wear your helmet :) :)
You tend to look better with your head attached & in one piece.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
I would not only wear a helmet, but I would also wrap myself in bubble wrap a few times and wear padded EVERYTHING. I'm terrified of motorcycles.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
The don't have a very good organ donation system here so not wearing a helmet really has no value. :)

Bob K

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Pretty sure there is a helmet law here. A law that goes unobserved. I would be willing to bet it would be enforced for you. I like riding without too. But here? No freaking way. Of course im not on the nc, i am in SD.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Around the campo I dont wear a helmet, no one does. I know I should but, heat and freedom feeling.....
I m actually more scared on a motoconcho around pop, that is where I think a helmet woukd come in handy......

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
Driving in and around Sosua you need to wear a helmet. The police can take your moto or fine you.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I ride and I where a helmut. Its just a shorty with no shield. I where the yellow shades for wind and bug protection. If you get pulled over in santiago without your helmut they will take your bike. I would like to see them do that one day. Most bikes here are about 200 pounds mine is probably 500 pounds. I think they would bust a nut lifting it.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
And one more thing Harley. Don't drink and ride a bike. You need your balance to ride unlike a car.

Driving in Gaspar and to and from Cabarete I don't feel that nervous without one but driving through Sosua yest and past the airport I was wishing I put one on!
Amet or Politur don't seem to care one way or another, I wave or nod and they wave back.

I really don't want a dented head like this Dominican we know, he wasn't wearing one and his head if F*cked! Not sure how he survived really!