All Businesses Must Install Financial Software Program

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

All commercial enterprises in the Sos?a area have recently received a letter from the IRS (Direccion General de Impuestos Internos) in which they are given notice that they have to install a financial software program.

With this program the turnover of the company is exactly registered and what amount of ITBIS (value added tax) should be paid to the government. For smaller enterprises, the program costs about 80,000 peso. Larger companies have to pay several hundred thousand pesos for the program. In Sos?a at least the supermarket Playero, the Rumba Bar and liquor store SuperSuper have already purchased such a program and put it into use. All companies, big or small, will have to use the program from January 1, 2014. If not, the business will be closed including a hefty fine and possibly jail time for the owner of the company. Many owners of small businesses are now panicking because they can not afford such a big expense (80,000 pesos or more).
For more information see: Direccion General de Impuestos Internos

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Sounds like Obama gave the government some ideas on how to make life better, cheaper and with quality results like Obama care (and the US can't even install software how is the Dominican Republic going to do it....oh yah maybe Snowden is available to help both in the US and DR?!?!?!)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Does this mean limpiavidrios, limpiabotas, fruteros, ca?eros, billeteros, buhoneros anad cueros will have to get an Android version for their 'Galasi's'?

:dead::lick:

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
It seems that small businesses are excluded and, as some of these family colamados and bars never see 80,000 pesos let's hope so or chaos will reign. (Again!) and the big supers will gain at the expense of local shops, but in any case, it seems highly dictatorial to oblige a business to buy a particular software instead of other available programs.
I guess we should follow the money trail and see exactly is going to personally benefit from this. Maybe someone connected has a stake in the software supplier or supermarket chain??

No!, surely not in the DR.......

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I suppose it's not the pos software that will be sold by obligation but the fiscal printer and the belonging database that interfaces with your POS, at least that how it works for restaurants.

May 29, 2006
It's a bit confusing when the thread is titled ALL businesses and then it's only the ones that are doing over $RD7.8 Million.

May 29, 2006
What I've seen as a workaround for this is bars install two or more POS systems. One is for middle of the week and the second is only used on busy nights when there are more people behind the bar(and only takes cash). The slow one is linked in for taxes and the one for busy nights is gravy.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It's a bit confusing when the thread is titled ALL businesses and then it's only the ones that are doing over $RD7.8 Million.

yes, this is sosua news interpretation, i think. diario libre says clearly this is not for small businesses.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, we all got the letter delivered by hand, unaddressed about 4 weeks ago. The letter is far from being official...it has no government stamp on it and the only phone number on the letter is of the company that sells the units. So far our accountant cannot find any info on this....so we wait. I certainly won't be the first to purchase one. And now I read here about the exemption.

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
Sounds like Obama gave the government some ideas on how to make life better, cheaper and with quality results like Obama care (and the US can't even install software how is the Dominican Republic going to do it....oh yah maybe Snowden is available to help both in the US and DR?!?!?!)

The ODS on non related articles is getting to be a bit much.