Rules for Dominican Dominoes?

May 29, 2006
Anyone know of a good link/video for the rules for Dominican Dominoes? I know the version for four people when everyone is playing, but not the version where you bid and have someone as the dummy:

314352_2519187256511_461036440_n.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Anyone know of a good link/video for the rules for Dominican Dominoes? I know the version for four people when everyone is playing, but not the version where you bid and have someone as the dummy:

314352_2519187256511_461036440_n.jpg

the rules are basically the same in most areas. the four person game is played with partners sitting across from each other. the game starts by playing the double six, then continues in an anticlockwise fashion. when a person plays his last card before the other players, he wins the game, and all the other cards which have not been played are added up. the first pair to 200 points wins the game. there are several detail rules, but that is the gist of how the game is played.

May 29, 2006
If you look in the photo, the guy opposite is playing open hand. I've played a couple times like that and there is bidding at first. With three people, you sometimes play with 9 tiles each and the double blank off on the side. I know the other way of playing fairly well for a gringo.

I first learned playing in the Turks and Caicos Islands one on one. A local very nicely showed me it wasn't "just luck" by beating me 11 out 12 games. Luckily it wasn't for money. They played for $20 a hand so it wasn't something you did "just for fun."

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If you look in the photo, the guy opposite is playing open hand. I've played a couple times like that and there is bidding at first. With three people, you sometimes play with 9 tiles each and the double blank off on the side. I know the other way of playing fairly well for a gringo.

this game you are looking at is three people with 7 cards each, and 7 out of play

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Is there bidding at first, or is the forth just taking the hand off?

the fourth guy is not playing at all. this is three hand cut throat, every man for himself. they add up the remaining cards just like 4 man partner games. first to 200 beats the other 2.

May 29, 2006
There is a game called 42 with bidding but it's more complicated that regular dominoes and I've never played. I use to have a book on regular dominoes but it fell through the cracks. I know you also get points if you can make everyone pass and if you can go out on either end~ Capicua..

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I think you line up a domino with the same number of spots as one of the end ones on the table, but I'm not entirely sure.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Rule #1 Slam the dominoes on the table as hard as humanly possible

not in all cases. in some locations, you lose points for making a racket. you also lose points in one of your cards falls on the floor, or if you cause someone else's cards to fall.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
not in all cases. in some locations, you lose points for making a racket. you also lose points in one of your cards falls on the floor, or if you cause someone else's cards to fall.

My father was one of the best!!!!!!! RIP

He was shot in the arm years ago for winning alot of cash and slamming the winning dominoe on the table.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My father was one of the best!!!!!!! RIP

He was shot in the arm years ago for winning alot of cash and slamming the winning dominoe on the table.

that is why i no longer play for money. guys get real ornery when they lose.