San Jose de Ocoa to Constanza

gungajim

Dec 29, 2010
After a visit to Lago Enriquillo later this month, I want to go to Constanza, hopefully without driving back to San Cristobal. How is the road from SJ de Ocoa to Constanza. I'll be in a compact rental car. About how long will it take. Also, are the dunes at Las Salinas worth a visit. Thx for your thoughts. A gringo whose Espanol es muy mal.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Compact Rental ?

Do not consider this trip in a compact rental. You need to upgrade to a 4x4 to navigate portions of this trek. Also, the rental company may exclude its vehicles from transiting such remote areas as the cost and logistics of extrication of a damaged vehicle is extraordinary.

Suggest you adjust your plans to the San Cristobal route.

Regards,

PJT

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Do not consider this trip in a compact rental. You need to upgrade to a 4x4 to navigate portions of this trek. Also, the rental company may exclude its vehicles from transiting such remote areas as the cost and logistics of extrication of a damaged vehicle is extraordinary.

Suggest you adjust your plans to the San Cristobal route.

Regards,

PJT

I agree with you PJT. We have property in Ocoa, in the mountainous area they call 'la malagueta', so I know that horrible road very well. When I read the OP to Mr. AE he said "Tell him lots of luck".

OP: listen to PJT.