Good Body Shop in NC or Santiago?

So I cracked up my car pretty bad, all my fault...no one else was I involved thank god....

My passenger side doors are all smashed in and I need a new bumper etc. is there any somewhat decent bodyshop in Cab or Sosua or do I have to go to POP or Santiago?

I don't have a nice car or anything but would like it to look Okish.
It's a Toyota Corolla, so we fit right in, everyone thinks we are a cab :).

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
So I cracked up my car pretty bad, all my fault...no one else was I involved thank god....

My passenger side doors are all smashed in and I need a new bumper etc. is there any somewhat decent bodyshop in Cab or Sosua or do I have to go to POP or Santiago?

lucky for you, you should have no problems getting tin. post a picture...maybe i can suggest something.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010

Don't know about Sosua or Cabarete, but it costs LESS in Santiago getting the doors at used parts place and just replacing them than actually getting a body shop to fix em up. They just take the innards from your doors and put in the the replacement doors and install them. Same with the bumper, go used parts. Plenty of used part places in Santiago where they have corolla doors and bumpers for sure.

Dont see why you shouldnt have places like that in POP.....

Good luck!

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
It seemed much easier the last time I did this?!
Below in the Posting Permission area it says "you may not post attachments" I am guessing this has something to do with it?!

I think you might have to upload your pic to a website like photobucket so you can attach it here, no?

"Easy as 1,2,3!!" yeah, right....

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
My little suv got rear ended a week ago sunday when it was parked on the road. Hit and run right in front of a colmado. Of course nobody saw a thing. Monday I took it in and traded it in. The money and time to get it fixed would have negated the value it would add to the vehicle.
I bought it last year and drove it for 6 months no sctrachs, wife drove it 5 months while I was gone and I come back to sctrachs and dents all round and now the rear end. By the way she had it when it was hit. The engine was getting bad also, it appears I was the only one to ever check the oil.

So I lost about 40,000 pesos in a year. Thats the cost of letting a woman and new driver behind the wheel.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
My little suv got rear ended a week ago sunday when it was parked on the road. Hit and run right in front of a colmado. Of course nobody saw a thing. Monday I took it in and traded it in. The money and time to get it fixed would have negated the value it would add to the vehicle.
I bought it last year and drove it for 6 months no sctrachs, wife drove it 5 months while I was gone and I come back to sctrachs and dents all round and now the rear end. By the way she had it when it was hit. The engine was getting bad also, it appears I was the only one to ever check the oil.

So I lost about 40,000 pesos in a year. Thats the cost of letting a woman and new driver behind the wheel.

Dominican women only know one thing with a car, and thats PUT IN GAS and DRIVE! thats two actually!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The best and most expensive place to get this done is the body shop on the street behind Caribe Tours in POP.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Dominican women only know one thing with a car, and thats PUT IN GAS and DRIVE! thats two actually!

This is not true. In fact they can't do either one very well. Mine woman put in gas once, it takes desiel thank you very much. Acutually thats two morons, her and the guy who put it in. And remember the scratchs.

I think you might have to upload your pic to a website like photobucket so you can attach it here, no?

"Easy as 1,2,3!!" yeah, right....

I did that but it says I can't upload pics!!!

the guy who was looking for doors for his 1970 Nova seemed to have it figured out

I don't think I read that thread I guess I should have!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here are two shots of harley's car i took today. it was on a parking lot so not very good:

29pqdtt.jpg

and

20pewj8.jpg