Claudio Nasco case

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
The Claudio Nasco case is starting to take on an eery resemblance to the Miky Breton case of a few years ago. I couldn't think of the Breton's name the other night when the story broke but I thought about the case right away because the circumstances are so similar. Unlike the Breton case, there are three suspects in the Nasco case. So far, all other known facts are very similar...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The social networks are buzzing with speculation and insinuations - few are buying the official PN version.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
If the police or politicos are involved, hopefully there will be strong backlash. Miesposa seems to think its politicos that did this.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I was watching a news channel with some Dominican relatives and I was saying in my innocence, so what's Nuria going to say/do. All Dominicans laughed in my face: Nuria?? If there's one who will say whatever she is paid for to say it's Nuria.

And I always thought Dominicans respected Nuria...

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Nuria

Nuria is a Dominican institution. I think she gets as much respect as any other institution does in: laws - traffic, anti-corruption, domestic violence, marriage vows, etc.

She and her ex Pablo McKinney have always been even handed in going after people of all political affiliations. Her audience, on the other hand, will love her or hate based on whichever faction is the subject of one of her expose reports on a given night.

I was watching a news channel with some Dominican relatives and I was saying in my innocence, so what's Nuria going to say/do. All Dominicans laughed in my face: Nuria?? If there's one who will say whatever she is paid for to say it's Nuria.

And I always thought Dominicans respected Nuria...

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Relatives of the suspects are positioning them as scapegoats. I expect it won't take long to determine whether the assailants (whoever they are) were known to the victim or if there was some sort of abduction.

The social networks are buzzing with speculation and insinuations - few are buying the official PN version.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
TV host Claudio Nasco murdered

The Police have arrested three men accused of the murder of 37-year old Cuban-born TV host Claudio Nasco on Friday, 13 December. As reported, Nasco had left his home at 8pm that evening and was scheduled to work at the TV station where he anchored a late news program, but he never got there. His body was then found at the motel.

The Police say that the three suspects demanded that Nasco pay a RD$25,000 debt. National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso has called for an in-depth investigation into the causes of the murder.

In a press release, the Convergencia Nacional de Abogados (CONA) legal group warned: "The three accused could be scapegoats to ensure the impunity of the real criminals."

The late Nasco was a leading presenter on NCDN, Channel 2, working with the news team put together by Nuria Piera for the TV and radio network.

The suspects reportedly said that when together at the Cabana Chevere, where the body was found on Friday, there was a disagreement about the debt that led to violence. The Police said that the accused admitted to tying up the journalist's hands and feet and causing the injuries that caused his death. They are named as Oscar Perez (Yandel), 19, Luis Manuel Estevez Ponciano (Macuto or Anderson) 20, and Josel Rafael Miliano Rodriguez (Pateo) 18. Nasco's lifeless body was found by cleaning staff at the hotel on Friday evening. He was bound and gagged in Room No. 11 of the motel located on Avenida 30 de Mayo in Santo Domingo.

During a press conference, Police spokesman Jacobo Mateo Moquete said that the arrested said that they made contact with the victim after Nasco called Perez (Yandel) by mobile to agree on meeting at the place where he was murdered.

Mateo said that the Police suspect pre-meditated murder because the suspected killers were in possession of the knife, toy gun with cement and a roll of adhesive tape. The National Forensic Institute has yet to give the results of the autopsy.

The Police said that the men who were arrested confessed that after the killing they left on board the victim's white Nissan Murano, which they subsequently abandoned on Km. 12 on nearby Carretera Sanchez. They took a bag containing the victim's clothes, his wallet and RD$4,000, several credit and debit cards with passwords they had obtained by threatening the deceased. After the murder, they used one of the cards at a bank branch where they secured RD$15,000 in cash. They then used another card at an ATM in Manoguayabo where the bank retained the card. The three men described how they shared the money between themselves and each returned to their own homes in Hato Nuevo, Manoguayabo and Santo Domingo West. The suspects say they set fire to the cell phones.

As reported, when Perez (Yandel) was arrested, he was in possession of a wallet with RD$16,000, a credit card and cell phone as well as a black bag with some of the clothes used on the evening of the killing. He also had a 16-inch knife suspected to have been used in the killing.

When Estevez Ponciano was arrested he had RD$6,000 and a cell phone. Milano Rodriguez had RD$2,000 and the victim's wallet, with three different bank credit cards and other belongings.

The motel said that the late TV presenter arrived at the cabana around 7:55pm and just booked the room. One hour later, according to the registry of the staff, the vehicle left. The cleaning staff then found the body in the Jacuzzi.

Claudio Nasco first came to the Dominican Republic to study at the Catholic seminary in Jarabacoa. He spent four years studying for the priesthood before deciding celibacy wasn't for him. He then moved to TV journalism, working with CDN with Fernando Hasbun and Alicia Ortega, with whom he moved to the SIN news station. He went on to work in public relations with the business group, before returning to journalism at NCDN.

El Caribe ? La Polic?a explica como se produjo la muerte de Claudio Nasco

Deuda de RD$25 mil habr?a sido causa de asesinato de Claudio Nasco - DiarioLibre.com

Hallan jeepeta del locutor asesinado - Almomento.net: Periodico Digital Dominicano

Acusados de asesinato habr?an reclamado a Claudio Nasco pago deuda RD$25 mil - Acento

Claudio Nasco periodista de NCDN encontrado muerto, amordazado y apu?alado en jacuzzi de caba?a - Hola Pol?tica

Advierte acusados por la Polic?a de matar a Claudio Nasco pudieran ser "chivos expiatorios"

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I don't see any reason why anybody would want to kill him, besides the known reasons. It's not like he was that relevant. Kill Nuria, Alicia Ortega, Cavada or Zapete and then you could be up to something, but this guy? nah!. I think many people, specially women are in denial because they don't want to picture him in that situation. Sometimes we believe what we want to believe.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I don't see any reason why anybody would want to kill him, besides the known reasons. It's not like he was that relevant. Kill Nuria, Alicia Ortega, Cavada or Zapete and then you could be up to something, but this guy? nah!. I think many people, specially women are in denial because they don't want to picture him in that situation. Sometimes we believe what we want to believe.
But everyone seems to accept that he was gay, so why would women be in denial?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
But everyone seems to accept that he was gay, so why would women be in denial?

Gay or straight doesn't seem to be the reason for their denial, it's the group sex stuff they don't seem to digest. At least that's what I've been told by some: "nah, he wouldn't do that!"

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Gay or straight doesn't seem to be the reason for their denial, it's the group sex stuff they don't seem to digest. At least that's what I've been told by some: "nah, he wouldn't do that!"
It's not so much the idea of him engaging in group sex but the social class of the supposed participants that people are finding difficult to accept.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I read the comment of some fashion designer, Jorge diep, stating he knows one of the guys who allegedly killed Nasco, and confirms he (the suspect) is known in the 'gay environment' for giving sexual services to gay men. He says he believes the story of the police since, contrary to what people claim, gays (including himself in the past) are curious and looking for these kind of encounters.

4e55b1ba04d8cca9bff0dab8ef0b4f96_zpscc9b1dfc.jpg

Coincidently there is a case / scandal in my home country right now where a known gay mayor, married to a semi famous tv host (hosting a gossip show), was caught with a 24 year old guy (him being in his fifties) who apparently was just one of his sexual partners he would meet with some smartphone app called grinder.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I read the comment of some fashion designer, Jorge diep, stating he knows one of the guys who allegedly killed Nasco, and confirms he (the suspect) is known in the 'gay environment' for giving sexual services to gay men. He says he believes the story of the police since, contrary to what people claim, gays (including himself in the past) are curious and looking for these kind of encounters.
One suspect's relatives are claiming that he was providing sexual favours in exchange for gifts for several years, and as he is 19 this would mean that this was happening while he was still underage. Although they never saw Nasco in person, the relatives claim that his vehicle would come and collect him and that the boy received expensive gifts - he told people the were from an older girlfriend "una vieja" - including expensive clothes and shoes, cellphones and a passola.

If this is true, the relatives were happy to go along with whatever was happening because of the material benefits.
Revelan Nasco haca "regalos caros" a imputado de crimen - Almomento.net: Periodico Digital Dominicano

Mar 1, 2009
He'd been frequenting the young man Yandel for quite some time. They were lovers, 4 years to be exact, Yandel is now 18 so he met him when he was a minor. Reportedly he bought him many gifts, clothing, jewelry, a passola. When his mother (Yandel) confronted him about the high priced Yipeta that had been seen picking him up consistently in Manoguayabo where he lived.
Yandel said that he was dating "a vieja" (sugar momma).
This shows my people's propensity for chisme.
Ok, so now Nasco (RIP) owes this dummy for some "services".
Jorge Diep confirms the popularity of this guys "services and attributes" amongst the gay community, which he has forsworn due to finding Christ.
Nasco, didn't want to give the guy more money (me quieren coger de pendejo).
Nasco, didn't/couldn't believe that his "lover" whom he'd known for years could do this to him. Had no reason to have his guard up.
"He'd taken care of him before $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Claudio wanted some afternoon delight before (7:55pm at Cheveres) going on air (10:30pm).
Claudio tried to fight or flee, a struggled ensued. They beat, subdue and then tie him up...he gave them the codes to his Bank accounts.
He might have already been stabbed once or twice. They we're scarred and in a panic.
Obvious choice (morons) kill him!
Stab him some more!!
leave him in Jacuzzi, the blood will drain away.....Idiots......
Muggers always shout "matalo, matalo" first thing that occurred to them. Duh if we leave him alive we might get caught.
But let's drive his car and leave prints everywhere....Duh, ok!!

Yandel, the genius wanted his 25,000 bad or more bad.
He needed the money for something. His sex change operation. He felt he was entitled to more. he hated Nasco.
The dude felt slighted in some way. Like the guy that set's up Othello,...Yeah Iago....
He brings in some muscle....Curly and Larry to help him out in his pee brained scheme, "to get what is owed to them"

I just don't understand why Nasco brought along the two other guys? Or if they were already there waiting for him?
The three stooges total lack of remorse, concern or lack of emotion while being led away is hard to see.
They won't be getting out soon.
It's hard to see Nasco, with his cultured air and suave Cuban movie star good looks with associating with "those people"....
People just can't accept that his death was just because of 25,000 pesos and gay sex with a nobody from the slums.
Claudio could have had anybody, male or female (pretty much) FOR FREE....That's why the women are so heartbroken, and the men in shock.....

En la confianza esta el peligro....

I don't think there is much more to this......
I'm willing to listen to other explanations......

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 29, 2006
Hugh Grant got caught with a tranny when he was married to Elizabeth Hurley. It's not like the mongers in Sosua ask the chicas they pick up if they have a college education or a decent day job. They're(usually) happy enough if they don't have testicles. Sometimes it's a power thing. Now if the same thing happened to Anderson Cooper or Neil Patrick Harris, I'd be pretty shocked. After all, Cooper's engaged, and Harris is married with kids!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
social class

I suspect social class would be a reason to seek the anonymity of a caba?a. You would expect this group to be wining and dining each other at Sophia's after all.

It's not so much the idea of him engaging in group sex but the social class of the supposed participants that people are finding difficult to accept.

vida

Mar 18, 2010
The 55 stab wounds makes me wonder what was going on in the mind of the killers. Was there something more than robbery on their minds?