Not nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
We had a member who wanted to know what we liked about the DR.
Poor bugger was shot down in flames by you ack ack DR antis.
I'm not a great fan of some of the BS that goes down here as I have frequently posted, but ,hey folks, step back and have a look at our lives in this dystrophyian, dysfunctional country where we have decided to stake our querulous claim.
Weather:
Wow!
People: Wow. (with reservations)
Prices: Ludicrous! (Not the Rapper chap)
Countryside:Wow (outside the AIs)
Water and sea life: Wow
Animal life and nature..Was good but they ate them all...(maybe Mc Donald's will improve the local diet.)
The most gorgeous young folks I've ever seen in my worldly travels.
The crappiest politicians. (see above)
But there is hope
(remove above quote and there is hope)
The US influence has so far not been a blessing to this fair isle, and and long as the worship of the Great God Greenback is extant, economic and spiritual progress will remain stagnant.

Come on folks!!

This is a great country with so much to offer, but we should learn from these great people and not assume that Gringos are superior because of the numbers in a bank's digital database of imaginary worth.
I know that this is DR1 and I'm not assuming too much self-introspection for for your God's sake...
Leave your blinkered and bigoted views back where you came from. .... or go back to them.

Rant over .

For now!

I know I'm now in trouble but so...Let it be...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I think he might of been shot down because of his # 10 reason.

We willingly came here so of course we find it a great place, just doesnt mean its perfect.
If I thought I was better off in gringoland ( wherever that is ), I would of stayed where I was.

Lots,of great posters on dr1 who all seem to love the dr in their own way. ( well ok slight exageration, replace all by most ).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have started more than one 'feelgood' thread.....sooner or later it breaks down.

One lasted for quite a while...... if only I could find it..

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Actually, this happens to all the "why I like the DR " threads, even if controversial issues are not mentioned. I bet this one won?t say open for long!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have started more than one 'feelgood' thread.....sooner or later it breaks down.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Actually, this happens to all the "why I like the DR " threads, even if controversial issues are not mentioned. I bet this one won?t say open for long!

Yep. They all go downhill fast.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
For the most part this is a very negative site. But if you can wade through that stuff you can get one or two good replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Yeah",.What's with all the "Negativity" here????????????????
Who Knew?????
Problem with "Feel Good PUFF PIECES", here, or anywhere, such as newspapers, TV, Movies, radio, is that they are "Boooooooooooring"!!!!!!
Just more "Dog Bites Man" stories!!!!!!
People everywhere want to hear about "Real Life", and not so much "Touchy Feely", Kittens & Puppies", fairy tales.
All the above, coupled with the "PC" attempts to paint a "Parasiso" picture of the DR,and it's "Poor, but kind" citizens, leads to the quick demise of self-indulgent "What I LOVE About The DR", threads.
Just go see how many, and how fast, DR1ers, have responded to the "13 Year Old Gives Birth T Triplets" Thraed!!!
"Bah Humbug" to every one!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
also, is dystrophyian a typo for dystopian? Cuz in this context I don't understand the use of dystrophyian. Querulous claim? Not sure I understand that. anyway, thanks. It's not often I have to go to a dictionary, and even less often that I find a dictionary query to be unhelpful in understanding context.

Status
Not open for further replies.