My dog got poisoned.

My sweet one eyed 1 year old Dominican dog has been poisoned, she is in renal failure :(

If some one tries to come over my fence I will aim for the nuts and sick my rotties and pit to chew on the bloody area!

At least I knew this was probably going to happen at some point so I was prepared mentally....sigh...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
doctor bob sells poison kits with different antidote against most common poisons. in POP willy brugal paiwonsky has an on-site lab where he quickly does tests to determine the type of poison used and treats the animal on the spot: first symptomatic treatment and then targeting the specific poison used.

i am sorry about your dog :(

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I'm truely sorry to hear about your dog. We (my daughter) had the same experience a short while ago and she had a break in a week or so later so keep your guard up. Sorry again about your dog!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
at home i always have milk to give to the dogs just in case. i also have vitamin K injections, an antidote for the most common poison, tres pasitos. i only had to use it once, after our rottie ate something outside (it was dark, i could not see what she had) and started choking and salivating. not even sure she was poisoned but she sure was happy to drink a liter of milk afterwards.

doctor bob sells poison kits with different antidote against most common poisons. in POP willy brugal paiwonsky has an on-site lab where he quickly does tests to determine the type of poison used and treats the animal on the spot: first symptomatic treatment and then targeting the specific poison used.

i am sorry about your dog :(

We have the poison kits, since she has always been sickly we didn't realize she was poisoned.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hope she recovers... Reading your posts, everyone knows how much you care for your dogs... :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Why would someone do this?

because yes. dogs bark. dogs run. many people here are scared of dogs and they really dislike them. we walk our rotties daily they are always on a leash. we hold them close. people still run away in panic seeing us, grab sticks or stones to throw at the dogs or shout that they should not be outside at all.

Mar 1, 2009
Pets are family, sorry to hear this. You may be in line for a robbery, stay alert.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

People are very scared of our dogs in our area but we don't let them run wild all about after people, we choose an area where there are no people on the beach and they have a big yard to run after each other in.

They don't bark non stop since I make them come inside at night if they start barking for longer than a few minutes etc... There is really no one close enough to be bothered by the dogs barking if they did though.
They do bark like crazy when people walk by.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Sorry about your dog. I still don't understand why people would consider an dog or a cat as enough of a nuisance to poison them.

Sorry about your dog. I still don't understand why people would consider an dog or a cat as enough of a nuisance to poison them.

I think it may be more likely she ate a poisoned rat or went in garbage since none of the others are poisoned or are at all sick?!

I will watch out for people and I am ****ed so if I see anyone come on my property I have no problem doing what is necessary!!!