I need to be there now!

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
So today i had to use my snow blower for the second time since Sunday, another two feet of snow. This time it
ate my electric extension cord that hooks to my Subaru so it will not freeze up in the cold. For those of you who
have never seen snow in person, you are not missing a thing! For those of you fortunate enough to have escaped the snow well a tip of the hat to you my friend. Yes it snows that much up here in Canada we have four feet of it down since Sunday. Right now it has warmed up and it is minus 15 Celsius and windy. I will be there in the DR in
exactly three weeks from today, that is if I have not frozen to death or been lost in a snow drift. I think the feeling is coming back to my feet now brrrrrrrr.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
this is one of the reasons I have never lived anywhere there is snow....

2mhbx34.jpg

agw

Feb 14, 2010
Redserge, Boy do I hear you! January 31 can't come fast enough for me! I don't care if I ever see snow again. We've had a lot of snow and brutal temperatures already this year in my part of The Great White North as well, eh?

If it wasn't important for me to spend Christmas with my little grandkids, I would be on a plane tomorrow for two weeks as well as my month in February. I'm flying into La Romana airport this time for a change. I expect it to be a little less hectic than PUJ although I fly back from there.

BermudaRum, been there and seen that too. Fun when you're a kid.... now, not so much.

mainegal

May 22, 2012
Lucky for you Der, Maine has seen just over 2 feet of snow in the past week, it's pretty but that's the only good thing about it. I'd trade it for palm trees and views of the beach in a second!

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
I cant wait to get down there!!!! 4 more days, and I'll be in cabarete!! just in time for christmas. LA Jefa has been down there all month, and i have been insanely jealous. She tells me the weather has been great all month. She's got the place all nice and ready for me. Cannot wait to get out of the cold and snow and get my hands on my first bien fria Persidente, then my second....then .... La Jefa :nervous:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Never mind snow. I was in Minnesota and Chicago a couple of weeks ago. There was no snow, but it was way too cold for me. I remember waiting for a train in a Chicago metro station in the freezing winds and cursing every single degree below 70. I drove all the way down to FL, and when I crossed the Georgia/Florida state line I noticed external temp was about 75f, I literally stopped and took off my hat, my sweater and took a walk under the sun. I was alive again!.

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
I am flying down January 08th for three months, because we must spend Christmas here with the kids....maybe they would come visit us in DR if we were there over Christmas? Brrrrrrr another snow storm coming on Sunday, this is the worst december on record since 1993 so I hope the next twenty will be mild.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So today i had to use my snow blower for the second time since Sunday, another two feet of snow. This time it
ate my electric extension cord that hooks to my Subaru so it will not freeze up in the cold. For those of you who
have never seen snow in person, you are not missing a thing! For those of you fortunate enough to have escaped the snow well a tip of the hat to you my friend. Yes it snows that much up here in Canada we have four feet of it down since Sunday. Right now it has warmed up and it is minus 15 Celsius and windy. I will be there in the DR in
exactly three weeks from today, that is if I have not frozen to death or been lost in a snow drift. I think the feeling is coming back to my feet now brrrrrrrr.

Where are you, Bathurst NB? I don't miss Canadian winter's at all. I spent 8 years in Edmonton, 4 years in Cold Lake Alberta where the ice never disappears off the lake, just sinks below the surface and a few years here and there in even colder places like the Chilcotin in BC.

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
No I am east of Bathurst in Moncton New Brunswick....Bathurst sucks, they have the only motorcycle only noise bylaw in Atlantic Canada and we actualy have a Boycott Bathurst campaign going on facebook, Hotel Motel revenue is down 30% and now we have transitioned it to the snowmobile groups as well.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
No I am east of Bathurst in Moncton New Brunswick....Bathurst sucks, they have the only motorcycle only noise bylaw in Atlantic Canada and we actualy have a Boycott Bathurst campaign going on facebook, Hotel Motel revenue is down 30% and now we have transitioned it to the snowmobile groups as well.

My dad's clan are all from NB, Chipman, Fredericton, and Marysville. Snow is nice to look at, but terrible to deal with but hard to snowmobile on dry land.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
My cell phone has a Maine area code. I got a call yesterday from a Maine number. I said "Hi." He said "Red here, I'm the guy who plowed your snow yesterday!" "No not me I have no snow. I'm looking out at Miami Beach from where I am standing on the 17th floor of a construction job here and seeing dozens of babes on the beach." He didn't want to believe me, so I snapped a pic with my phone's camera and texted it to him.
Der Fish

I was working downtown Miami yesterday and remembered your post, working on the computer and admiring all the babes, I could only imagine what you're seeing on the beach! A boom in babes downtown!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I can relate to the weather. I live outside Toronto and I have also had the snow blower out twice recently. We are now under a complete coating of ice as it has been freezing rain all night and there are several areas without power (that part reminds me of the DR) . We will be in Sosua in 2 long weeks and staying until April. Next year we will have to come down in November to miss all this fun. Looking forward to water that is not frozen.
Matt and Lorraine.