Employment in DR ?

stevegigs

Oct 24, 2007
What would the basic requirements be for eligibility to work in DR ?
Permanent residency ? Drivers Licence ?

TIA, SG

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Legally you need permanent residency and a cedula - "but" you'll hear DR1ers say they've worked in DR without them for years.

I'm not sure what this latest "illegals" government action will mean for non-Haitian foreigners without legal residency, will be interesting to see.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
A lot of the large companies here in PC will not hire people without their cedulas/residencies... there have been a lot of expats who have had to stop work and wait for the paperwork to be finalized before they are reinstated or have lost their job and have to find a new one. The big companies (including hotels) can be hit by the government for huge fines and they are no longer taking the chance.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Please be "Less Specific"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
If you want to be a "Prostitute" your "Qualifications" are quite different than for a "College Professor".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You have been a member of DR1 for 6 years, and you need to ask those vague questions???????
May I Strongly suggest our "SEARCH FEATURE"??????????????????????????
YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ASKED, AND answered, ABOUT 1,000 TIMES OVER THE LAST 6 YEATS!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I figure you mean unskilled, customer service is all there is unskilled here, unless you wanna work 25 hours a day at your uncles bar for pussy n peanuts.
You need residency these days unless you have that special uncle.