To DR1 Re: Osama Bin Laden del Catey

B

bj

There's apparently a rumour going around Samana that work stopped at the construction site of El Catey airport in Samana due to the fact that maybe the chief investor was Osama Bin Laden...because the work stopped shortly after 09.11. Of course, this is not true and likely Aerodom is stopping the work there now due to recent lack of funds at their worldwide airports....and I also saw that they were trying to raise funds via the bond market or some such scheme. In any case, can someone confirm that all the crews and equipment have gone and that once again Samana has no hope soon of having an int'l airport?

A

Andy B

Bradley,

As soon as I return to Samana at the end of this month I'll pass by the airport site and see what's going on. I'll probably take a few pictures to post in our What's New section. Funny, none of what you reported suprizes me as this entire saga has (as you and many of the people of Samana know) been an absolute farce. At this rate, we might get our promised airport sometime this century.