Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for 10lb bone in ribeye (prime rib)

I've tried nacional/chef pepper in santiago with no luck, I'm heading to SD tomorrow to pick up mami so I was wondering if anyone has seen bone in ribeye anywhere? Thanks in advance!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    I've tried nacional/chef pepper in santiago with no luck, I'm heading to SD tomorrow to pick up mami so I was wondering if anyone has seen bone in ribeye anywhere? Thanks in advance!
    I go to Nellos butcher for carne. Its in the Envaristo Morales area. They have US Black Angus and I have had them saw at chunk of rib eye 4 inches thick.
    NELLO CARNES SELECTAS - L F Thomén 165 Sd Santo Domingo

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never had prime rib in the DR, but I have only been here for 10 years. Maybe there is a place you can get aged beef that will work in Santo Domingo. Otherwise it will be a bad experience.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming this is for Christmas.? A standing rib roast will run $7-$8/pound in the US. I think your best bet would be to look for a cryopack prime rib. What I do when I cook prime rib is to peel three or four onions, cut in half and then cook the rib on top of them. This keeps the meat out of the pan drippings and the onions will go very nicely on the side. Cook to an internal temp of 110º and let rest for about 15 minutes in the oven before cutting or hold in a 135º oven. The "carry over" will bring the temp up to 120º(rare).

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I have never had prime rib in the DR, but I have only been here for 10 years. Maybe there is a place you can get aged beef that will work in Santo Domingo. Otherwise it will be a bad experience.
    Has to be imported, I've been able to get it 2 years in a row at chef pepper's here in santiago but this year they only have it without the bone.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    I go to Nellos butcher for carne. Its in the Envaristo Morales area. They have US Black Angus and I have had them saw at chunk of rib eye 4 inches thick.
    NELLO CARNES SELECTAS - L F Thomén 165 Sd Santo Domingo

Once again Dr1 comes through to save the day, going to pick up my 10 pound bone in ribeye tomorrow!!

7. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Very useful link thanks for the good info .

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you ask the butcher at Nacional in Santiago nicely they can get you one. They usually chop it up into individual steaks but they can give you a whole one if they have it fresh in the back.

10. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Bone IN", is Always better!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

12. Likes NV_ liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

CC: this is about cooking. Not "animal husbandry".

14. Likes Scott Fosgate liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast