Looking for 10lb bone in ribeye (prime rib)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I've tried nacional/chef pepper in santiago with no luck, I'm heading to SD tomorrow to pick up mami so I was wondering if anyone has seen bone in ribeye anywhere? Thanks in advance!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have never had prime rib in the DR, but I have only been here for 10 years. Maybe there is a place you can get aged beef that will work in Santo Domingo. Otherwise it will be a bad experience.

May 29, 2006
I'm assuming this is for Christmas.? A standing rib roast will run $7-$8/pound in the US. I think your best bet would be to look for a cryopack prime rib. What I do when I cook prime rib is to peel three or four onions, cut in half and then cook the rib on top of them. This keeps the meat out of the pan drippings and the onions will go very nicely on the side. Cook to an internal temp of 110? and let rest for about 15 minutes in the oven before cutting or hold in a 135? oven. The "carry over" will bring the temp up to 120?(rare).

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I have never had prime rib in the DR, but I have only been here for 10 years. Maybe there is a place you can get aged beef that will work in Santo Domingo. Otherwise it will be a bad experience.

Has to be imported, I've been able to get it 2 years in a row at chef pepper's here in santiago but this year they only have it without the bone.

cndeh

Jul 23, 2012
If you ask the butcher at Nacional in Santiago nicely they can get you one. They usually chop it up into individual steaks but they can give you a whole one if they have it fresh in the back.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
If you ask the butcher at Nacional in Santiago nicely they can get you one. They usually chop it up into individual steaks but they can give you a whole one if they have it fresh in the back.

My old furniture guy is now the head butcher at nacional and he said they haven't gotten bone in ribeye for a month or so unfortunately. That's the santiago jpd location though.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Once again Dr1 comes through to save the day, going to pick up my 10 pound bone in ribeye tomorrow!!

you won't be disappointed..... great meat shop

She will ship to you in STI....

check out her spare ribs.
She ships to me on the north coast.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Who said ANYTHING about "marrying" a cow?????
As the "Dominicanos" say,..."En El Jueso Es El GUSTO"!!!!!!!!
I get "Hard" every time I go to the "Meat Market"!!!!
"Give me some "Plump Breasts", some "Big Thighs", some nice "BUTT", a little "Rump", some "Cheeks",.....and my favorite, ""Steak Tartar" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I guess if I GOT More, I would talk LESS!!!!!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Sorry to say you can't get prime rib for $7-8 lb., try $15-18 lb. in the US. for $7lb you can get NY strip or a Delmanico. I have never seen prime rib for sale in a reg supermarket. You need to go to a butcher.

LTSteve

American Gallego

Feb 21, 2013
Sorry to say you can't get prime rib for $7-8 lb., try $15-18 lb. in the US. for $7lb you can get NY strip or a Delmanico. I have never seen prime rib for sale in a reg supermarket. You need to go to a butcher.

LTSteve

Costco has Prime for a good price

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

LTSteve

599$ per pound.. it's the holidays tho, time to splurge, just got an 8 pounder since that was the biggest piece they had.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Normally, she offers So American beef.....

You should try her store CCCologne..... good stuff.

Feliz Navidad...