May 26, 2003
Can anyone recommend a good/fair priced electrician in Santiago please

Its to lay in a 220 feed

Many thanks

Paul

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Is this something you cannot do yourself? From what i have seen, seems that the DR does not go by any code at all...what is this for, ac unit? overall, why not check with a local electrical store, see who they use maybe even check with la serina since they sell AC units and/or Inverters with free installations, see who they can recommend...I never lived in Santiago, so I have no connections there...no pun intended..;)

Anthony

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Is this something you cannot do yourself? From what i have seen, seems that the DR does not go by any code at all...what is this for, ac unit? overall, why not check with a local electrical store, see who they use maybe even check with la serina since they sell AC units and/or Inverters with free installations, see who they can recommend...I never lived in Santiago, so I have no connections there...no pun intended..;)

Anthony

its for a friend on her own, its for 220 rated units that came from Chile like freezer andkitchen apliances

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Im in the UK but wouldnt have a clue even if I was there - she just had a guy quote her something astronomical - and doesnt have any other numbers to call

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Ah okay...its not so bad...i asked if you can do yourself since running the cable is very easy..can go under ground, or use conduit or PVC...once setup, call the electric company to hook it up at the pole..This is something I could do, but I don't have a license and I would think it will need to be inspected...But again, this is the DR..often wonder if anyone goes by code...In the Morning, i just wet my feet and touch my fridge, behold, better than coffee...They certainly don't believe in Ground wire...So again, if you don't get any help here, have her go to Serina or an electrical store, inquire who they use...Also try a few Inverter stores, sell batteries as well of course..I'm sure their techs can do such an install as well, just another idea...

Anthony

its for a friend on her own, its for 220 rated units that came from Chile like freezer andkitchen apliances

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Ah okay...its not so bad...i asked if you can do yourself since running the cable is very easy..can go under ground, or use conduit or PVC...once setup, call the electric company to hook it up at the pole..This is something I could do, but I don't have a license and I would think it will need to be inspected...But again, this is the DR..often wonder if anyone goes by code...In the Morning, i just wet my feet and touch my fridge, behold, better than coffee...They certainly don't believe in Ground wire...So again, if you don't get any help here, have her go to Serina or an electrical store, inquire who they use...Also try a few Inverter stores, sell batteries as well of course..I'm sure their techs can do such an install as well, just another idea...

Anthony

Thanks Anthony

Is that La Sirena ?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Can anyone recommend a good/fair priced electrician in Santiago please

Its to lay in a 220 feed

Many thanks

Paul

To lay a feed? Do you mean to bring 220 into the house or to run a wire from the main electrical panel in the house to the appliances?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Yes Paul, La Serina...your welcome, no problem

BB, yes, looks like his friend (female) is wanting to add a few appliances etc...they need A-Z...I would imagine that there is 220 at the pole already, but I don't know what Code they go by here otherwise I would just offer to do it...

Hopefully you can point them in a good direction..

Anthony

To lay a feed? Do you mean to bring 220 into the house or to run a wire from the main electrical panel in the house to the appliances?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
May be...there is a bunch of corruption here, ya never know...That said, do you know what Company it is??? If Edenorte, I can give you 2 numbers to check into, this way your 100% clear on what needs to be done and who is responsible for what..Usually anything from the sidewalk to the house is the homeowners deal, even the cable going to the house is the owners...Anything at the pole and beyond is the electric Company..I see no reason why you could not have the house wired for 220, then call the electric company for hook up...Again, what is code??? does the cable need to be in conduit, PVC or can just be buried under ground etc...I see nothing but hanging wires all around the DR, so I doubt it matters any...However, they may play a game stating it needs to be xyz so they can rob you of money....This is what I mean...better to call Corporate and ask them directly..

She's worried that if the elctric company doesn't do the work it will be deemed illegal and subject to being ripped out ???? Is that feasible ?