College Football American ESPN

gator9072

Jul 2, 2010
I am staying in Playa Dorado Jan. 1-8 and want to watch college football most of which is on ESPN. Where is the best/closet location for viewing the games. Gracias

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Hemmingways in closed and has been for some time now. You might try a pub, think its named Phils Pub in the shopping complex. Might have new owners but last time I was there they had several TV's for sports. Other wise you might have to go to Sosua.

gator9072

Jul 2, 2010
Hey David, This is John Abbott, Joe Rizzo's amigo. The problem is the Espn that they show in the room is a latin/European version. The other channels are fine. Do you know another sports bar near Playa Dorado? Thanks

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Hey John,

I know it's a little far to travel, but in Cabarete, you have 2 sports bars right on the beach. One has 8 flat screen televisions--including a large projector screen, and the other has 4 or 5 flat screens. Both sports bars are good, and they both have all the games.

Can't go wrong in Cabarete!

Frank

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
if you make your way to the malecon in POP, im watching most of the games at casita number 3, the rouge bar. he also has wifi there. good luck

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Hi John,

If you cross over the highway from the eastern entrance to Playa Dorada...there's a place called Field of Dreams that should have ESPN at the bar...as well as some "live entertainment" if the games don't go well... :ninja:

gator9072

Jul 2, 2010
Thanks for reply Frank. I am going to Caberete Jan4-7 so will definitely be at O'sheas then. Was hoping to find something closer Jan. 1-3. Gracias

gator9072

Jul 2, 2010
Being a Florida Gator( games didn't go well) I guess I should have been there earlier this year.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
why don't you just stream the games??? I know its great to have other fans around at a sports bar and hell, beer & food can't be beat..But this is the DR..Not only will you need to find a sports bar, but hopefully some other expats that enjoy the same or you will be very much alone anyways...I would cut lose in your room, gets some beers, food, and invite some folks over if you know anyone..

you can watch all games, even Pro and other sports at Watch Live Video or just for ESPN which is the American ESPN hit LMTV - Hardcore Pawn, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars & American Pickers it also has a ton of great movies, music, news, etc...just scroll around and enjoy!

Anthony

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Streaming may seem live, but it is delayed by one or two plays. Maybe more. Pain in the ass. Actually "live TV" is not live either now. About a 7-10 second delay on NFL games.

Duece

Mar 11, 2004
I am staying in Playa Dorado Jan. 1-8 and want to watch college football most of which is on ESPN. Where is the best/closet location for viewing the games. Gracias
Chris & Mady's in Cofresi near Ocean World. 15 imutes from Playa Dorado.