Do any DR banks allow you to remotely send outgoing wires ?

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
I'm interested in storing some money in DR, but would like to be able to access it if I need it while I'm in the US or Europe. Do any banks allow you to initiate an outgoing wire without going in a branch, say via online or fax?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm interested in storing some money in DR, but would like to be able to access it if I need it while I'm in the US or Europe. Do any banks allow you to initiate an outgoing wire without going in a branch, say via online or fax?

I do plenty of outgoing US$ wires with Banco Popular.

You fill out a form and email and fax them. You can do this via your account manager, so make sure you get to know your account manager real well ;)

Price is between US$55 to 75 per wire depending on final destination of the funds.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

I would highly doubt that banks in the DR would allow you to do this without physically being at the bank to do it. Otherwise I think they would consider this "cleaning" money.

LTSteve

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Is it fair to assume you can do a money transfer in peso between DR banks using their online service (and using a peso account) ? Is that free or with small fee like in the west !?

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
You fill out a form and email and fax them. You can do this via your account manager, so make sure you get to know your account manager real well ;)

Thanks for the response.

Anyone know if this is possible with BHD, Santa Cruz or Leon?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would highly doubt that banks in the DR would allow you to do this without physically being at the bank to do it. Otherwise I think they would consider this "cleaning" money.

LTSteve

They do, I do it all the time to my account in the UK and Colombia. As I said, get to know your account manager.