8 Night vacation to Boca Chica

ric61

Oct 6, 2003
I'm planning a 8 night Vacation to Boca Chica in February, staying at Hotel Zapata for now.

As this is my first trip to the DR I have no idea what that hotel is like. Any suggestions?

And I've read a couple of threads about BC...I was stationed at Clark AFB RPI in the 80's and have numerous subsequent trips to the Philippines and Mexico in the past 15 years or so, so I've been around.

Thanks

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Watch your wallet as pickpockets love you and always ask for the Spanish menu in restaurants or you will pay double. The hookers are all trained pickpockets as well. Can't figure why you chose BC as it's the worst tourist area in the country?

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Watch your wallet as pickpockets love you and always ask for the Spanish menu in restaurants or you will pay double. The hookers are all trained pickpockets as well. Can't figure why you chose BC as it's the worst tourist area in the country?

Because he doesn't think LIKE YOU,

It's his first trip,

Letm have his fun!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I too have good things to say about the Hotel Zapata.
Small, neat as a pin, good food, just "No POOL".
Right on the beach, but I do love a pool.
You CAN bring a "Date" back to your room.
"Boat House" is a great place to have a beer, plate of good "Pasta", and even meet "Frank"!
The people who have only negative things to say about "Boca Chica", and/or "Sosua" MUST have an "Agenda"!!!!!
Because they certainly don't have the "FACTS"!
I used to "Hang" at "Subic", and "Olongapol", "Back-In-The-Day",....Mid 1970's !!!!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ric61

Oct 6, 2003
Thanks guys. It looked good from what I could see on various websites. Looking forward to a little inexpensive get-a-way from the cold and work Super Bowl week. I usually go to Vegas but I have gotten bored with that place.

I have been reading this forum, lol. If I went by negative comments I would avoid the entire DR (and likely every other place else on Earth) like the plague!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Enjoy your trip, Boca Chica is what it is but I always have a nice time there. If you get a chance do a day trip to Santo Domingo.

Exiting the rear of Hotel Zapata walk the beach to the right and there are a few places to stop and have a cold one. Walk to the left and you will be headed towards The Boat House.

Rear view of Hotel Zapata...........

qo8zo6.jpg

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Great people watching from a plastic chair with a cheap jumbo cerveza at the colmados on Duarte start the night off nicely.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Hey Bigbird-how old is that photo of the Zapata?

The reason I ask is because I've seen another photo of this section of the hotel, and the gate was much higher. It looked like the entrance to a third world prison. This one is much nicer.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hey Bigbird-how old is that photo of the Zapata?

The reason I ask is because I've seen another photo of this section of the hotel, and the gate was much higher. It looked like the entrance to a third world prison. This one is much nicer.
.LOL

Let's just say the photo is older than the new gate or newer than the old gate. ROTFLMAO, Must be three or four years ago when I took the photo and to be honest I really don't recall what the current gate is like. I walked past Zapata a month or so ago and I guess my eyes were focused on other things. :D

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Whatever you do, do not invite women back to your room. You will up the rip off factor big time. These women are professionals and you are a novice. Ease into it . Good luck.

LTSteve

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Whatever you do, do not invite women back to your room. You will up the rip off factor big time. These women are professionals and you are a novice. Ease into it . Good luck.

LTSteve

I somehow do not think The OP is "new" to these dark activities!