US Dollar Accounts

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I have 2 deposit accounts in US dollars with the Banco Popular. One account has $5K and the other $25K. This month, December, I note that I have been charged $20(US) service charge on each account.

Has this happened to any other members? First time that I have had such a charge in 8 years banking with Popular.

Does anyone know if the other principal banks charge to deposit dollars?

Thank you

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Are you sure it was 20 dollars and not peso's? I've been with them for 7 years and keep track of my accounts. I only get a small charge for any transaction I have at the bank or ATM. Please post what was the cause of the charge. thanks

palito de koko

Nov 23, 2013
I have a dollar account with the BHD, as far as I know they have never charged me a service charge

(what I do know is that some bank charge you something if your account has no deposits nor withdrawels for more than a few months)

and I have never had to pay a charge to deposit dollars i

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Our accounts are at BHD too, we closed the peso account because of charges, but never any charges on our dollar account.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
I too had a $20 Charge on my $US Dollar account in Banco Popular.
Just to be clear if the account is $US Dollar and the Debit 20, It is US Dollars and not pesos.

I did send a email to my branch manager, however I have not yet received a reply.

DS

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I was lucky Banco Popular only charged my account $15 on the 23rd. Why do they make the charge? Because they can! :tired:

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I don't bank with Poplar but a close friend does. They charge him 10 bucks US per month. I told him to get it out before its all gone.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I have 2 deposit accounts in US dollars with the Banco Popular. One account has $5K and the other $25K. This month, December, I note that I have been charged $20(US) service charge on each account.

Has this happened to any other members? First time that I have had such a charge in 8 years banking with Popular.

Does anyone know if the other principal banks charge to deposit dollars?

Thank you

Jinty,

Did i understand you correctly...you have 30k in U.S dollars in two separate accounts and were charged U.S $20?

May i ask if you are single? How old are you? What are you wearing? Are you looking for a potential soulmate? I have about $20,000 pesos in my Banco Popular account. I'm a firm believer that people with equal economy's--like you and I--should stick together...maybe combine our incomes together and get out of this place. Run Away.

Tramps like us were born to run.

What do you think?

You're potential soulmate,

Frank

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Banco Popular are a bunch of thieves. BHD never charges, only 40 pesos per month for a Debit card on a Peso Acct.

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
I have a US$ account with them, too, and so far they did not charge me anything. You will have to check with your account manager.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
They even charge me for incoming wire transfers! 7 USD per transfer to my USD account! Will soon switch to BR.

Banco Popular are a bunch of thieves. BHD never charges, only 40 pesos per month for a Debit card on a Peso Acct.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
They even charge me for incoming wire transfers! 7 USD per transfer to my USD account! Will soon switch to BR.

There are banks out there that don't charge for incoming wire transfers? - BR is certainly not one of them, check their fees before you switch. At least I don't see any $20 Christmas bonus charges.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
:( I've thought only BPD does that...

Well, I couldn't find that charge listed in their "tarifario" not for BPD nor for BR so my hope was they (BR) might not doing it...

There are banks out there that don't charge for incoming wire transfers? - BR is certainly not one of them, check their fees before you switch. At least I don't see any $20 Christmas bonus charges.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Jinty: closed ours we only opened temporarily recently under protest. Records are so shoddy I can't say whether they had strange charges or not. Ever since they took EIGHT WEEKS to transfer US$1500 27 years ago I've refused to play with them. They seem to be one of those banks that use your accounts to tinker with their float.

See me when you get back

palito de koko

Nov 23, 2013
Some DR banks charge an "Inactivity" fee if you don't use the account for a long time period, around 1 year usualy.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I once had a dollar account with Banco Leon, they started charging me a 10 dollar fee every month after 3 months of inactivity, plus another 10 dollar fee every month because that way I fell below the 300 dollar treshold

LADRONES and BANDIDOS they are to me

Banks invest big amounts of money to capture new clients, yet they lose them over peanuts

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Banks invest big amounts of money to capture new clients, yet they lose them over peanuts

Sadly, it often seems to be the Dominican way. Rip off the client for a few pesos a wonder why they never come back. It never seems to occur to them that treating a customer well will be much more profitable in the long run!