Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Revistas where and whats needed

Got the marbete for car licence renewal . But where do you get revista( car inspection sticker?) Do you need any document to get it?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the Banks, Savings & Loans sell them.

From yesterdays (December 26, 2013) DR1 NEWS....

Remember: Tuesday is the last day to get stickers

The Department of Transportation (DGTT) and the Department of Taxes (DGII) have both issued reminders that this coming Tuesday, 31 December is the last day to renew their "marbetes" or stickers valid for vehicular transport next year. The DGTT also reminds vehicle owners that they have to get their vehicle inspection stickers - "revistas" - before that date too. The consequences of not having the required new sticker or "marbete" are (1) the vehicle is seized and there is red tape and an additional fee to recover it, (2) a RD$1,000 fine and (3) the sticker will then cost an additional RD$600 because of an overdue fee. The stickers will then be sold at the DGII offices, which means long waits in lines. In Santo Domingo the seized vehicles will be taken to the old dog track known as the "Canodromo" where there will also be an office that can issue the required documents. The DGTT also reminds drivers that the fees are RD$1,200 for vehicles that are five years old or older and RD$2,200 for newer vehicles. The "Revista" is RD$45 for all cars.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Revista" is paid for at Ban Reservas and then if you are in Santiago, Obra Publica is where you go for the inspection. I believe you need a copy of the driver's license of the person taking the car for inspection, copy of insurance card and copy of registration, also may need a copy of the bank receipt and the original of course.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new car a couple of month ago. I still don't have my definitive "placa" yet. The dealer told me "no problem" they will have it for me before 19th of January when I will need it.

Question: Do I have to get the marbete / revista / do the inspection too for a brand new car or do I have to get it end of next year for the first time? Not sure if I understand what is to do exactly...

Thanks for any input.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lothario666 View Post
    Some of the Banks, Savings & Loans sell them.

From yesterdays (December 26, 2013) DR1 NEWS....

Remember: Tuesday is the last day to get stickers

The Department of Transportation (DGTT) and the Department of Taxes (DGII) have both issued reminders that this coming Tuesday, 31 December is the last day to renew their "marbetes" or stickers valid for vehicular transport next year. The DGTT also reminds vehicle owners that they have to get their vehicle inspection stickers - "revistas" - before that date too. The consequences of not having the required new sticker or "marbete" are (1) the vehicle is seized and there is red tape and an additional fee to recover it, (2) a RD$1,000 fine and (3) the sticker will then cost an additional RD$600 because of an overdue fee. The stickers will then be sold at the DGII offices, which means long waits in lines. In Santo Domingo the seized vehicles will be taken to the old dog track known as the "Canodromo" where there will also be an office that can issue the required documents. The DGTT also reminds drivers that the fees are RD$1,200 for vehicles that are five years old or older and RD$2,200 for newer vehicles. The "Revista" is RD$45 for all cars.
    This is not the answer to arrugula's question. The revista tax you can only pay at banreservas and then get the sticker at DGTT branch. Only the marbete (which arrugula already has), you can get at several banks. I heard there are long lines for the revista in Santo Domingo.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    This is not the answer to arrugula's question. The revista tax you can only pay at banreservas and then get the sticker at DGTT branch. Only the marbete (which arrugula already has), you can get at several banks. I heard there are long lines for the revista in Santo Domingo.
    damn! I screwed myself... got the marbete but didn't know about that revista bull****! didn't even know this thing exist...

Will I really get into problem if I get pull over and I only have the marbete lol, feel lazy and don't want to do a 1hr lineup :@

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeanchris View Post
    damn! I screwed myself... got the marbete but didn't know about that revista bull****! didn't even know this thing exist...

Will I really get into problem if I get pull over and I only have the marbete lol, feel lazy and don't want to do a 1hr lineup :@
    Go pay for the revista at the bank and get your receipt. If you get stopped you can say you haven't got to the inspection yet and they'll probably let off with a warning.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They love to complicate things up here!!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's possible to pay for the revista and do it in 2014 ?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

revista is bought in banreservas, 45 pesos. a copy of matricula and insurance is needed. then you go to a local transport office, the list is here, on the right hand side: www.gob.do - Dirección General de Tránsito Terrestre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast