Moving Down Soon

Richard Bruce

Dec 27, 2013
Hello Friends! I am Interested in your insight on good locations for my retirement. I'm looking at about a 600 a month budget for my rent. Of course I want to be able to walk to a beach or most markets etc.. I will be 55 when I move down and will be by myself. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. (I am Canadian).

Thanks,
Rick

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Last edited:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Rick:

Do you have any language skills? Specifically, Spanish or French? Check out Las Terrenas and the Samana Peninsula. Many expats there from all over Europe and North America. There are many French citizens there. If you speak French it will be a definite plus. $600 a month budget for rent is not very much if want a good location and security. A secure location should be your #1 priority in the DR. Check out Hotel/Apartments El Paseo. The location is excellent, security very good and probably in your budget.

LTSteve

Richard Bruce

Dec 27, 2013
Thanks Steve, I could up my budget if all my utilities are in the price. I,m just trying to see what's practical.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you plan on having a Dominican "Girlfriend", triple your budget!
Best to rent a place for a week at a time, long before you sign a long term rental agreement.
Security deposits are normally 3 months rent.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Check out the DR1 rentals site.
Get some ideas about what's available, and prices.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
"Dreamers and schemers on the Lose, we're just musicians here to thin the thickness of your skin" Max Webster

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
afternew.jpg