Annual Christmas Chess Tournament

Mar 1, 2009
Awesome I wanted to join a chess club...

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
our neighbour in the pharmacy was a fruit vendor everyone called rubio on the account of him being very ginger (born and bred dominican). he had a table set out in front of his stand and played chess with few old dudes from the barrio. very unusual activity in the land of baseball and dominoes. here in costambar one of our neighbours used to be a champion chess player. it's a game of smart people. so yeah, i can't play it :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
our neighbour in the pharmacy was a fruit vendor everyone called rubio on the account of him being very ginger (born and bred dominican). he had a table set out in front of his stand and played chess with few old dudes from the barrio. very unusual activity in the land of baseball and dominoes. here in costambar one of our neighbours used to be a champion chess player. it's a game of smart people. so yeah, i can't play it :)

actually, rubio played with some young kids. one guy was a motoncho driver. the guy who kicked ass the hardest was a young kid in school. my buddy from NJ watched him play, and brought him a nice set on one trip. a Russian grand master used to play there when he was here on vacation. he said the kid had it. now he plays tournaments all over the area.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ah, you know rubio? nice guy, i always liked him. i only saw him play with older dudes but i had strange shift hours, admittedly. glad that he managed to introduce some kids into the game. not quite as profitable as baseball but much more rewarding.