Remembering "Eddy"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A "Wake/Party",will be held to "Remember Eddy", on Jan. 4th., at 2pm, at the "Las Canas Hotel" in "La Mulata Sosua".
If you are able to attend, please do.
Eddy's sons will be there.
Please post here if you will be going to have an idea about how many to expect.
Thank You All.
"We Sure Miss Ya Man"!
Tom
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am really sorry that we will not be able to attend. We don't get back until later.

Eddy was a monument of common sense and good cheer. He appreciated good booze, sports and cigars.
And he was great with technical stuff.

I was more than a little upset, and at the same time happy for him, when he sold out his sports bar. One of the few places I ever went to in Sos?a. His condos and pool were always available for a beer, coffee and swim.

More than once over these holidays, I have thought of that big guy.

God, take of this guy, he was one of the really good men.

Luis (HB)

Thomas Churchill

Dec 20, 2013
Thank you for posting that for me, CC. Sorry to hear we won't be able to visit HB. I am sure we'll all raise a glass (or three) for Eddy in your place.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If anyone is going to Sosua before the 4th., I need a ride.
I will get a room somewhere if it's before the 4th.
Tom
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Thomas Churchill

Dec 20, 2013
A quick update.

I spoke yesterday with Walter at Las Canas. He has been very gracious to donate space for us to gather, free-of-charge. And he will be keeping staff around so there will be a cafeteria open to purchase drinks and snacks. Anyone wishing to attend in Sosua can contact me driectly via email, or here on DR1 post a note to the list or send me a PM so I can keep Walter up-to-date on how many to expect.

We just started passing out the date and time here late saturday and as of the moment have about 20-25 confirmed. We hope to see as many of Eddy's old friends from DR1 visiting as can make the trip.

Best

TC

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
wow, I have been away from Dr1 way too long. eddy passed away? when? I am so sorry to hear this news. I was a big fan of him and spent many evenings with him laughing in the in the old days.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Eddy was extremely kind to me and my family after my uncle, Thomas Philipp, was murdered in Sosua back in 1989. He was truly unique and a symbol of Sosua in its prime.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Eddy was extremely kind to me and my family after my uncle, Thomas Philipp, was murdered in Sosua back in 1989. He was truly unique and a symbol of Sosua in its prime.

WOW...i just read your story. Fascinating! What happened?:

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2009

Yesterday, I received a message about my Dominican (haha) estate that wasn't at all funny. Because this is a legal issue, I am going to attribute all alleged actions. If I don't say "alleged", I can personally testify to the fact.

Background: My uncle, Thomas Philipp was murdered in his Larimar penthouse apartment in 1989. Two months earlier, my uncle told me he feared for his life at the hands of a Hungarian mobster who called himself Tomas Reinis. The Dominican government at the time was Balaguer, a blind puppet of numerous interests. Balaguer backed Reinis fully, and my uncle's murder was ruled "accidental". Ten years later, the original coroner testified on my behalf that my uncle's death was not accidental. The ten year statute to prosecute expired on May 16 of this year.

Fast forwarding past two sets of inept or criminally negligent lawyers (Kaplan, Russin, Herredia; Jesus Garcia Tallaj):.
The estate is broke, trying to maintain Jesus Garcia Tallaj (our lawyer by duress) and his mother and ex-wives. We fall into bed with Ian Schembri-Sant, who promises us 1.2 million for one of our hotels. We net about 300K, and take back preferred shares in Sosua Bay Resort for the remainder. Schembri take on a partner, Armando Casciati, who loans him $20 million to develop our 5 acre property. Schembri and Casciati fall out and Casciati claims that our preferred shares belong to him. I laugh, because we have proof. He, however, is able to convince a Dominican Court that forging my signature on the shares means that the shares belong to him. Schembri assures us that all will be well if we trust in his lawyer, Sonia Uribe.
According to Schembri, Casciati is able to bribe the Puerto Plata judges to accept his ownership of our preferred shares. Our only hope for money is....guesss who...Ian Schembri-Sant.

Fast, fast forward to 2009. Ian Schembri notifies us that Sonia is now working for Armando, regarding Larimar, the second hotel my uncle built. He is going to grab it in early November. Tell me, what's a good Dominican-American-Canadian girl to do in these circumstances?"

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
A "Wake/Party",will be held to "Remember Eddy", on Jan. 4th., at 2pm, at the "Las Canas Hotel" in "La Mulata Sosua".
If you are able to attend, please do.
Eddy's sons will be there.
Please post here if you will be going to have an idea about how many to expect.
Thank You All.
"We Sure Miss Ya Man"!
Tom
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Wow, how did I miss this? So sorry to hear. Never been a big fan of sosua but my first trip there I stayed at Eddy's condo and hung at the bar pretty much every night. Ran into Eddy a few times after he sold the place and he was always friendly and a great guy to hang out and share a beer with. He used to call his barmaids "eddy's angels". Hoping he has a new set of angels watching over him. RIP Eddy.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
The insanity never ended--just search DR1 for Casciati and you'll see how he got away with murder after a group sued him for Sosua Bay Resort. Justice does not exist in the DR. I have no idea what has happened since I no longer follow the Sosua soap opera except to write my memoir.

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
The insanity never ended--just search DR1 for Casciati and you'll see how he got away with murder after a group sued him for Sosua Bay Resort. Justice does not exist in the DR. I have no idea what has happened since I no longer follow the Sosua soap opera except to write my memoir.

Are you certain you wanted to post this about Eddy?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't worry, EVERYTHING is still the SAME in the DR "Property Game"!!!
Only, "The Names Have Been Changed, To Cheat the NEW "Investors"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"POP", Frank12 brought it up, not her!
Blame HIM!
Eddie wouldn't give a "$HIT"!
I can hear him laughing right now!
I think it's "Cocktail Eternity" up THERE!