Claro's Christmas Present, No COLLECT calls

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
This is the newest item of the Claro gauntlet thrown into the PJT household.... No COLLECT calls. PJT attempted to make a COLLECT phone call to the US this Sat AM and as usual as it happens every year around this time the line was busy and would not connect to the Operator. Then PJT by routine calls customer service at Claro and ask them to tweek their data base to allow PJT's connection to the Operator to make the COLLECT calls.

Well ! Guess what ? Claro now says they do not honor COLLECT calls any more. All calls from the DR to the outside are with charges.

PJT suspects it is an agenda by Claro to get more direct and high tariff revenue and to discourage and eliminate land line usage. Don't know if they can do this as they may be breaking agreement among international communication services over the use of COLLECT service. But, of course we all know the culture of keeping agreements in this country.

PJT has already communicated to Indotel of this happening and is now waiting for a response from them.

Folks, what is your take on this.

Regards,

PJT

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I got a cable modem and switched to the Vonage Wolrd plan that includes USA, Canada, DR land lines (as well as many other countries and 250 monthly minutes to DR CELL PHONES.. And if you go over on the DR cell phone minutes the rate per additional minute is, I think, cheaper than if you use a Claro land line or cell phone to make that call. .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we use VoIP, callcentric. very cheapo. i would not dream of making reverse charge call to my parents. polish telecommunication is a monopoly and their charges are much worse than oscuro.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Keep ,"Waiting"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps., People who refer to themselves in the 3rd. Person, often have "Issues" other than not being able to make "Collect Calls".
(See "Seinfeld's Video)
At least that's what "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC" thinks!!!!!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
This is the newest item of the Claro gauntlet thrown into the PJT household.... No COLLECT calls. PJT attempted to make a COLLECT phone call to the US this Sat AM and as usual as it happens every year around this time the line was busy and would not connect to the Operator. Then PJT by routine calls customer service at Claro and ask them to tweek their data base to allow PJT's connection to the Operator to make the COLLECT calls.

Well ! Guess what ? Claro now says they do not honor COLLECT calls any more. All calls from the DR to the outside are with charges.

PJT suspects it is an agenda by Claro to get more direct and high tariff revenue and to discourage and eliminate land line usage. Don't know if they can do this as they may be breaking agreement among international communication services over the use of COLLECT service. But, of course we all know the culture of keeping agreements in this country.

PJT has already communicated to Indotel of this happening and is now waiting for a response from them.

Folks, what is your take on this.

Regards,

PJT

It's because of the fraud,

Jimmy thinks....

Seinfeld....

Feb 7, 2007
Why would you be making collect calls and assert charges of as much as a dollar per minute on the other party you are calling when you can ether call USA for free with Google Voice, or for as low as one cent per minute billed in one second increments with a tonload of VOIP providers.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
we use VoIP, callcentric. very cheapo. i would not dream of making reverse charge call to my parents. polish telecommunication is a monopoly and their charges are much worse than oscuro.

:laugh: Coffee out my nose

Celt's opinion is that Claro is still jodetel too. When they're good they're good but when they're bad they're horrid.

Keep ,"Waiting"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps., People who refer to themselves in the 3rd. Person, often have "Issues" other than not being able to make "Collect Calls".
(See "Seinfeld's Video)
At least that's what "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC" thinks!!!!!

Celt is in agreement but PJT has made so many thoughtful and helpful posts that contribute to the Dee Ah Won knowledge base that he has earned a mulligan on third person usage.

It's OK to bust his stones over that usage, however.

Caisle?n Celt has magicJack to communicate with North America, renewed a few years ago for five years for $79.00.

Celt even has an android app on his wicked smaht phone which comes in handy in Wi-Fi hot spots.

Last edited: