Observations after 4 trips to the DR in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksanrio

Aug 21, 2013
Well it has been a wild year. I have never gone back to a country so many times in the same calendar year. I have some observations and disclosures to share. These are just my opinions and generalizations (disclaimer before I get flamed LOL!).

First, me and my girl are crashing and burning big time. GOD I love this hot headed, beautiful little Dominican girl and I feel the pain in my heart. Unfortunately, she had some major trauma in her life as a child by no fault of her own and dealt with it in silence. But it changed the core of her. I saw red flags from the beginning but we were so good in so many others ways. Honestly the best memories of my life have been with her and she has been the only one who has had the ability to make me genuinely happy. This trip she had treated me worse than anyone has in my life. So bad that it could not be overlooked even though there were also amazing special moments that we share. I know she loves me and I her but if we can ever be together (Marriage, Children etc) she has to address these deep rooted psychological issues, not for just us but for her. Her life will be so amazing once she is able to heal with me or without out me. And I just want her to be ok again, she has suffered to long. I will be her friend and encourage her the best I can but she will have to the work. I have no regrets of the last year with her and I hope maybe one day we can walk together.

Well it was my first Dominican Christmas and it was great! I spent it with my girl and her family at her grandmother's home. Good food, music, company and one or two Presidente's LOL.

I have been to other caribbean and latin american countries such as Philippines, Thailand and Cambodia and there is something about Dominican woman that is intoxicating. Besides there smiles, beauty, and passion they have that "Something special" that I can't put my finger on it. Something I haven't felt, even if me and my girl never get back together, I can see myself being happy with "my type" of Dominican girl.

Once you overlook the love motels, sex tourism (Those are the two big one's for me), I can live with everything else because there's bad points in every country ( I don't even want to get started about the USA LOL). The great weather, healthy food (there's an abundance of fish, fresh fruit and vegetables every were), beautiful landscape throughout the country. And the people that are among the nicest I have met. When I came back to the USA the day after Christmas, it's amazing how overtly unhappy and unfriendly people are in the USA. Each time I see it, I am always surprised even though I shouldn't. Put it is this way the USA doesn't rate high on the world happiness index lol!

The DR is also affordable if you live within in your means and budgets. When I was in the Colonial Zone I found several excellent and small restaurants were I ate a complete meal for 250 pesos including drinks. On the other hand, I easily spent 3000 pesos for dinner two. It's really up to the individual how they want to live. But I would never live in Santo Domingo, but Santiago or somewhere in between could be a real considerations.

Well I have a lot to think about, I need a little time to get back on my feet again and give this some time. I love you DR, there's something special about you!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Well it has been a wild year. I have never gone back to a country so many times in the same calendar year. I have some observations and disclosures to share. These are just my opinions and generalizations (disclaimer before I get flamed LOL!).

First, me and my girl are crashing and burning big time. GOD I love this hot headed, beautiful little Dominican girl and I feel the pain in my heart. Unfortunately, she had some major trauma in her life as a child by no fault of her own and dealt with it in silence. But it changed the core of her. I saw red flags from the beginning but we were so good in so many others ways. Honestly the best memories of my life have been with her and she has been the only one who has had the ability to make me genuinely happy. This trip she had treated me worse than anyone has in my life. So bad that it could not be overlooked even though there were also amazing special moments that we share. I know she loves me and I her but if we can ever be together (Marriage, Children etc) she has to address these deep rooted psychological issues, not for just us but for her. Her life will be so amazing once she is able to heal with me or without out me. And I just want her to be ok again, she has suffered to long. I will be her friend and encourage her the best I can but she will have to the work. I have no regrets of the last year with her and I hope maybe one day we can walk together.

Well it was my first Dominican Christmas and it was great! I spent it with my girl and her family at her grandmother's home. Good food, music, company and one or two Presidente's LOL.

I have been to other caribbean and latin american countries such as Philippines, Thailand and Cambodia and there is something about Dominican woman that is intoxicating. Besides there smiles, beauty, and passion they have that "Something special" that I can't put my finger on it. Something I haven't felt, even if me and my girl never get back together, I can see myself being happy with "my type" of Dominican girl.

Once you overlook the love motels, sex tourism (Those are the two big one's for me), I can live with everything else because there's bad points in every country ( I don't even want to get started about the USA LOL). The great weather, healthy food (there's an abundance of fish, fresh fruit and vegetables every were), beautiful landscape throughout the country. And the people that are among the nicest I have met. When I came back to the USA the day after Christmas, it's amazing how overtly unhappy and unfriendly people are in the USA. Each time I see it, I am always surprised even though I shouldn't. Put it is this way the USA doesn't rate high on the world happiness index lol!

The DR is also affordable if you live within in your means and budgets. When I was in the Colonial Zone I found several excellent and small restaurants were I ate a complete meal for 250 pesos including drinks. On the other hand, I easily spent 3000 pesos for dinner two. It's really up to the individual how they want to live. But I would never live in Santo Domingo, but Santiago or somewhere in between could be a real considerations.

Well I have a lot to think about, I need a little time to get back on my feet again and give this some time. I love you DR, there's something special about you!

Nice spacing....

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
then he found out about her motoconcho boyfriend, the reason why she is treating him like a doormat this trip.

Let it go "G"

I know your speaking from experience,

Sometimes even a guy like you (Smartest man on the Internet) gets dumped for a Motoconcho driver....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Actually it sounds like he hooked up with a girl suffering from sexual abuse as a child. This can create all sorts of different mental issues that must be dealt with for a proper relationship.

Aug 6, 2006
your speaking from experience?

nice schooling...

From what he says, it sounds like this girl as a "love hate" relationship with men because of some sort of abuse. She has fun with sex and then punishes herself by punishing the guy. I have met girls like this before, and after analyzing the problem and proving myself unable to deal with it, I have simply fled the scene, being as I am not Dr. Freud, and even Dr Freud could not deal with it if he were the boyfriend. This sort of thing is pretty common among Latinas. She is punishing men, she is punishing herself for punishing the wrong man, these things get really complicated and i have no clue what to do other than simply to bail.

A very wise man once told me "never marry anyone that has more problems than you do". Lamentably, I have had relatively few problems compared to the sort of women I am attracted to. But once you hook up with such a person, her problems become your problems and you end up with what is commonly known as a "cuento de nunca acabar" -a never ending story. I seek out women who have had the fewest problems and met a few.

There are many Dominicanas that are relatively problem-free in this respect. There may or may not be hope for her, but there is certainly is hope for you, my fren.

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
The problem is where and how you meet a good partner... the more you know the more you "see" and picky, you become. Why not be specific about the character, personality and even career [usually related] of the person you are looking for?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
A very wise man once told me "never marry anyone that has more problems than you do".

Then why would they marry you? If they have less problems than you, why would THEY want to get involved with you, now being the person with more problems?....................

SHALENA

alone

Jan 1, 2013
What you are saying here is that a woman would want to be with a man just so that he can help her with her problems....
Fascinating insight coming from a woman....isn't it?

Then why would they marry you? If they have less problems than you, why would THEY want to get involved with you, now being the person with more problems?....................

SHALENA

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
...your speaking from experience?

nice schooling...

Nice indeed,

I was edumacated from one of the finest schools in Boston,

Not the "Bronx" "G"

I love ya Bronxboy...

Must be nice to be "The smartest man on the Internet"

Example of a run on sentence= Anything "the gorgon" posts...

Another thing. Will you get those teeth fixed, and stop dressing like your a homeless person, I mean , REALLY!!

And yes, I have seen you, sad to say......

Last edited:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011

Great Story. I love the honesty.

Frank

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You find an attractive,hot, sexy Dominican chica without a briefcase full of drama in her life then I would question her DNA.

I think I'm going to get it from the feminist movement for that one.

Aug 6, 2006
What you are saying here is that a woman would want to be with a man just so that he can help her with her problems....
Fascinating insight coming from a woman....isn't it?

Er, that would be because they were not following the same advice that I was. My experience is that people do not follow logic in choosing mates, because as we all know, "A POWERFUL god is the Great God Horn!"

Aug 6, 2006
I should add that I am no longer interested in marrying anyone, being as I have no desire to have children or become overly domesticated. Still, it is clearly good advice, and quite hard to argue with.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
From what he says, it sounds like this girl as a "love hate" relationship with men because of some sort of abuse. She has fun with sex and then punishes herself by punishing the guy. I have met girls like this before, and after analyzing the problem and proving myself unable to deal with it, I have simply fled the scene, being as I am not Dr. Freud, and even Dr Freud could not deal with it if he were the boyfriend. This sort of thing is pretty common among Latinas. She is punishing men, she is punishing herself for punishing the wrong man, these things get really complicated and i have no clue what to do other than simply to bail.

[/QUOT

Sounds like classic "Post Prostitution" behavior! Unfortunately, the transition from "working girl" to "girlfriend" is not always so smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.