Firearms...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am looking for a gun/shotgun for my watchyman who has a licence....

Any ideas? New or used...... no matter...

Mr Webster if you have to buy an firearm to your watchman, then it is a matter of time before the gun is "stolen".
Aaaaaaand you have to buy another one.

If he really want the job, then he can get a firearm within a day.

When it comes to your question you can place a "wanted" ad, behind Baileys in Sosua. I will also keep my ears open, and if i hear of an economical gun i will send you a PM.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He is buying it, the firearm.

Thank you fro your concern.

He was on contract w/ a security firm who provided the escopeta... starting Jan 1 he's 'going private' with me, so he will buy his own gun.
I am doing the licence bit and he is doing the firearm.

I'm told that an escopets is cheaper than a pistol and the licence is a permanent one - vs a pistol/handgun which needs renewing annually..

I am putting the word out where I can.

We'll see........

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
William,

Do what i do...give your security guard a high powered Water Rifle: Amazon.com: Super Soaker Switch Shot Blaster: Toys & Games

I perfected a special formula for the Water Rifle that is 100% effective in rendering its victims totally comatose; try this: fill it up with a 50% bleach + 50% formaldehyde + 50% Dark Rum (Brugal) + 50% Pinesol + 50% Mosuito Spray with 15% DEET. These are Dominican percentages of course.

Anyway, stir this formula up and bring it to a slow simmer on the oven for about an hour. Take it off the oven and allow it cool naturally for 2 to 3 hours. Afterwards, add cat urine and dark coffee grounds. Don't ask. It works. The cat urine makes the victim glow in the dark--which makes finding the thieves easier. You could substitute the cat urine for human semen--it also glows in the dark--but you need ultraviolet light for that and you will look stupid walking around with a black light and a 100ft extension cord.

Try this formula out. I've used this concoction successfully time and time again on our pet monkey when she gets unruly and out of control and won't listen to directions or hand me back the remote control. One generous squirt directly into the eyes or crotch area will calm any person down and have them on the ground squirming in pain.

Trust me...i'm a professional.

Frank

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Actually , I thought of a spear gun........ and dipping the tip in your mixture.

At my age, the semen component is in low supply - I need all I have.... but should you wish to contribute ???

Don't eff up my thread- I need the gun!!!!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Speaking of shotguns. Anyone know if there is a minimum length like in the US. I always wanted a short barrel 12 guage. Since there are so many shotguns in the DR I bet you will find one if you are patient. Never saw one advertised so the coconut telegraph may be the best route.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, For the last year most Gun Stores here have had a special on pistol grip 12 gauge shotguns for around $RD20,000. On a related note a buddy who is in the process of renewing his pistol license told me that he got a call from the "Ballistic Laboratory" of the Department of Police & Interior telling him to bring his weapon to a specific address 607 Avenida Mexico in Gascue with along with $RD3,268.00 fee because they are compiling a data base of expended ammunition. When he went to Banco de Reservas they said his license which is overdue has not come. Anybody else heard of this?

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
BTW while I can't remember the make/model I checked at the time and it is a $USD 350-400 in the US so the price seems very good when you consider the extremely high cost of even used revolvers/pistols here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good Afternoon, For the last year most Gun Stores here have had a special on pistol grip 12 gauge shotguns for around $RD20,000. On a related note a buddy who is in the process of renewing his pistol license told me that he got a call from the "Ballistic Laboratory" of the Department of Police & Interior telling him to bring his weapon to a specific address 607 Avenida Mexico in Gascue with along with $RD3,268.00 fee because they are compiling a data base of expended ammunition. When he went to Banco de Reservas they said his license which is overdue has not come. Anybody else heard of this?

My license, renewed in July and approved, has not arrived yet. Nobody's license has arrived. There is a problem with the government getting the plastic they use to print the licenses and nobody has any idea when (or if) they will have them. Looks like maybe the next time I renew in next July I will get new license cards.

As for going to Santo Domingo that was done when I purchased my gun.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Cheap one in gunshop in santiago. Shotgun 12 gauge, pistol grip ( hard on ure wrists ) no stock, brand carandai ( turkish I think ).
Less than 20 000pesos ( in my case he popped in 4 box of shells but that was a coiple of years ago).
Came to mind cos my lawyer was speaking that she went back to the same shop for herself 2 or 3 months ago.
The owner even took care of the license for me ( shotgun license, I already had hand gun license ).

80 avenue general lopez, 2nd floor, armeria tapia.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
By the way in my case, the shells from shop and ones I bought from other shop later only had normal light weight Am-2, 28 grs ( RDHD).
When I went to pick it up in santodomingo ( at the militray place as for all guns ), a soldier proposed me other shells, 36 g No 6 hi velocity, and they pack a great wallop. I regret having only taking only 2 boxes off the lad. Cant remember the price, but not much.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
My license, renewed in July and approved, has not arrived yet. Nobody's license has arrived. There is a problem with the government getting the plastic they use to print the licenses and nobody has any idea when (or if) they will have them. Looks like maybe the next time I renew in next July I will get new license cards.

As for going to Santo Domingo that was done when I purchased my gun.

My handgun licenses expired Sept. 28th, renewed same day received on Nov. 4th!

Now is one card for both own and carry.

Heard of the new ballistics requirement but have found NO official announcement of the requisite as of yet.

g'luck

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
FYI You Tube the following you can get the information regarding the new ballistic sampling procedure for handgun owners.
"Laboratorio Bal?stico y Biom?trico dominicano"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The guy is/was a security guard, has a license, is buying the gun himself, why does he need you to do anything??????
He should have all the contacts necessay to do "All The Above" by himself!!!
Here is a "PROBLEMO" you may not have thought of.
Many "Security Companies" have liability insurance, so that if one of their employees shoots someone, the insurance pays for
all the ensuing costs, AND, there WILL BE COSTS!!!!!
At the "Plaza de la Salud" we NEVER contracted with any company that was not insured.
If the guy works for you, YOU'RE responsible for everything he does on your property.
Don't get in anyway involved with the purchase of the fire arm!!!!
Check with your insurance provider about your personal liability.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
How much cost the license for firearms? Is it same thing for shotgun/handgun? Also, is it a renewal every year or its a one time license fee?

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Shotgun license is a one time fee ( cant remember but not a lot ).
Handgun needs renewing every year.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
@jeancris. Maybe some other member can help with the exact cost.
My wife already had hand gun license so no idea of the initial cost. U have to renew every year, have stopped doing it now that she has shotgun license, cant remember but not to expensive. Now we just stick the shotgun in the car if we leave the house.
A couple of years ago with a valid hand gun licence, a shotgun and license was 20 000pesos, paperwork done by gunstore.