Revista deadline extended to 7 January

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Department for Ground Transport (DGTT) announced it will give those who have not obtained their "revista", the vehicular inspection sticker, until 7 January to obtain the document. AMET had announced that starting 1 January it would be towing vehicles that did not have the "marbete" or vehicular license to circulate AND the revista.

Long lines have formed at the Banco de Reservas where the RD$45 fee for the document is paid as most people left the renovation for last minute. The BanReservas had announced it would be working on Saturday until 4pm to issue the sticker. Once the fee is paid, then the drivers need to take the ehicle to the parking lot at the Quisqueya Ball Park, the Multicentro Churchill, Plaza Lama at 27 de Febrero, Carrefour or Megacentro.

The DGTT says that of the 800,000 vehicles in circulation, only 40% had obtained the "revista."

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
2khfm8.jpg

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I don't understand why the government confused people putting the deadline for marbete AND revista at the same date.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I don't understand why the government confused people putting the deadline for marbete AND revista at the same date.

This is part of the problem. DGII, as usual, deployed a very effective campaign on all media regarding the tax (marbete), but MOPC practically didn't published anything about "Revista". People complied with marbete but not with revista. This revista hadn't been done for the last 3 years and people kind of forgot about it (I know I did). This year it is back, but with very poor information about it. As of today, places where marbete are issued and taxes are paid have no lines, and the lines to get the revista are a complete chaos.

Additionally, MOPC announced they were not going to actually check the vehicles, given the long lines. They are just going to check matricula, insurance and payment receipt. And I think, if you're not going to really make an impact and improve the safety on the roads, why bother with this revista at all?. I mean, at 45 pesos per car I guess the cost of all the needed logistics is much higher than the amount received. MOPC says there are 800,000 vehicles that must get the revista, multiplied by 45 pesos equals 36 million pesos. That's nothing, so that's not the reason.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
The twitter account of MOPC, far from giving useful information, basically mocks other users:

2czsd1j.jpg

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
DR1 Daily News - Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Revista stickers, what are they for?

The Ministry of Public Works announced it is requiring "revista" stickers for vehicles to circulate on city streets. The RD$45 sticker had been discontinued in 2010. It was originally created to monitor that vehicles were fit to circulate, but with time, and primarily for political patronage reasons, the government began to look the other way and the stickers were issued to cars that should be dumped. The long lines required for the procedure led to major complaints and the sticker was eventually discontinued.

As reported in Diario Libre, the DGTT department of the Ministry now says that the issuing of the stickers will start on Monday, 15 July. The director of the DGTT Luis Estrella said that they would do all possible so that the vehicles that do not meet minimal requirements be removed from circulation. But he said the DGTT cannot impose anything, and can only not issue the sticker. The tax needs to be paid anyway at the Banco de Reservas.

There are more than 3 million vehicles that will need to get the sticker. The Ministry has habilitated modules at the parking area of the Coliseo de Boxeo Teo Cruz, and the Quisqueya Ball Park for the issuing of the stickers in the Greater Santo Domingo. Other modules will be installed in Azua, La Romana, San Francisco de Macoris, Valverde, Santiago and Puerto Plata.

I, an ex-pat, was the 2nd one in line on July 15th to get my "Revista" in Santiago.
I have no sympathy for those with excuses, it's just the normal "No es mi culpa".

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
DR1 Daily News - Wednesday, 10 July 2013

I, an ex-pat, was the 2nd one in line on July 15th to get my "Revista" in Santiago.
I have no sympathy for those with excuses, it's just the normal "No es mi culpa".
That's right, but the answer on twitter from obras publicas is ridiculous. They never even had stickers. I actually kind of was aware I had to handle the revista before year end, but postponed and postponed...after all it sticks being among Dominicans...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

and there i was thinking you were sarcastic here... gee... it was the best idea ever to put the same deadline to both. otherwise there would be no end to dominicans (and dumb gringos) claiming "oh, but i thought it expired on a different day."

like lothario, i cannot find a single, lonely, dusty f**k to give for those who did not get the revista on time. damn, i could not turn on the wipers in my car, i'm this dumb, yet i still knew about revista. and we talked about it on dr1 few times as well.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Forgot to mention:

It was such a big deal that it was televised on TV, I was a mini-star that day.
Or at least the new sticker on my windshield as they zoomed in on it. :smoke:

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
Gee, I paid for mine in Aug. and they never had the stickers untill 5 days ago. Idiot cat eaters!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I arrived at 8.05 to banreservas and there was already a long line. Didn't take long though, 20 minutes and I was out.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Drove past the Revista issuing building on Luperon, near Kennedy at about 9 am.
Line was about 100 people long!
You should have heard my wife criticizing the government for not telling anyone that they had to renew their "Revista"!!!
"No Es "HER" Culpa"!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just got back from Higuey. First off, anyone that can find this place with or without directions deserves a new Jeepeta. I went with someone that knew the place. It is on the way to El Seibo past the Presidente Factory. It is a right turn on a dirt road that if you go more than 5mph you will not pass inspection as your car will be shot.

Anyway, they had no Revistas, but will have them Thursday according to the one man work crew there.

I got lucky as my friend who is a car dealer found another dealer that had some Revistas. So I got mine. If you go where I said go past the Presidente place on your right and then ask a local for directions. If you get the right turn you will see it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nice job, sky, providing the info fro those in your area. i am sure it will be much appreciated!

i know that you can buy revista sticker (authentic) "en la calle". apparently the cost is 1000 pesos. no queues, no waiting, just good, straightforward corruption. now you know why oficinas de transporte terrestre don't have revista stickers. they got sold.