Can Non-Residents Legally Own, Import and Use Tasers?

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
I've been doing research online and can't find any info on this. I did a search here on DR1 and a guy said he purchased a taser, but I don't know if he was a resident. My question is can non-residents carry tasers? I'm thinking of buying one like the cops use, the black and yellow bumble bee looking taser. But are these things allowed? Technically they are not guns. Some threads mention pepper spray but I don't trust that, a taser to me is the next bestthing to a gun. is it possible to buy a taser online and ship through EPS with no problems? I did a Google search and found no info on Dominican laws regarding tasers.

http://www.smartstun.com/TASER-M26C-wLaser-_p_57.html

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
I just checked the EPS website and it says "weapons" are restricted, so that would probably include tasers. Any other way to ship or can you buy them here?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Dont know about tasers (as in gunfiring distance us cop ones ) but I brought over a hand held shocker thing.
Not much use at home unless u get to hand to hand combat except as a detterent if u are out and about ( the electrical arc is quite impressive and the crackling intimidating).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
Dont know about tasers (as in gunfiring distance us cop ones ) but I brought over a hand held shocker thing.
Not much use at home unless u get to hand to hand combat except as a detterent if u are out and about ( the electrical arc is quite impressive and the crackling intimidating).

According the the cop in this video, stun guns are next to useless and he says cops no longer use them. The two problems I have with stun guns is that they require you to get close, leaving you vulnerable to being stabbed or hit, and according to this video it takes like 4 seconds of continual contact in order for them to remain effective:

The Taser is superior because it fires projectiles giving it a 15 ft range. The only thing better than that is a gun itself, plus Tasers are proven and have been tested by cops worldwide. I don't want to bet my health or life on a stun gun.

[video=youtube;AcOMhnf38LE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcOMhnf38LE[/video]

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Yeah true but one would have one in his car for example, never suggested it would be a substitute for a gun.
I just packed mine in my luggage ( batteries out of course ), never used it, but its there if I need it.

From my point of view, here in the dr, especially in the campo, its better to shoot them dead than knock them out, if attacked in ure home.
And I dont see myself walking around town with an orange and yellow taser.

I was looking into a crossbow on sears the other day, more for fun than anything else. They seem to ship them to the dr, anyone ever got one sent over?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Vimenpaq told me a Crossbow is a weapon and would be restricted... Need one for the Zombie Apocalypse though...

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Spot on caribe mike!! thats exactly what I was thinking of.

Aug 6, 2006
Where would a zombie apocalypse be more probable than on Hispaniola? At least there have been some zombies around from time to time. There is a small wooden statue of what appears to be Le Baron Samedi in the Parque Duarte in Barahona. I have seen it wearing a saffron blanket. I have not, however, seen it move.