I wasnt paid my last check of employment on time I..

Nov 26, 2013
Hello,
So quick story. First you should know that I was employed to two different companies with two different direct deposits and most importantly, two different contracts. The first contract was with a Colegio and the other contract was an After-school type program for tutoring. At the end of my 90 days of employment, I was let go. However, I only signed off one contract (the colegio) It was on the 10th of December 2013. I was completely shocked because I had received really good evaluations but they had told me that because it was within my 90 days that legally I am not entitled to know the reason why. Okay, I understand that part but then I was told that I would recieve my check within 10 business days. I needed to return my teaching books before I recieve my check. yadda yadda, so the day that I returned my books the check was waiting for me. I had asked if I continue with the tutoring program and the receiptionist told me that she had no clue and she will call me when she finds out. I never recieved that call.

I had only received one check and signed one contract saying that I have knowledge of my termination.

When I returned yesterday, a total of 18 business days later and they had my check for me. It was made out with the beautiful date of the 27th of Decemeber 2013, which is 4 business days late. They explained that I was terminated with the tutoring the SAME day the 10th of December.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is quite illegal. Because when I ask why is it late they said that it was an error on their part and that they had no idea if I was still working for the after school program.

I want to make a report about it but I dont know how. This is with a well known bilingual school in Santo Domingo, so stuff like this should never happen. It is completely unprofessional. I am assuming that I can go to the Ministerio de Trabajos? and File a claim. I refused to take the check without signing off the contract! Was that a smart thing to do?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You have made it CLEAR, WHY you were terminated!!!!
You know Absolutely "NADA",...THAT means "Nothing" in English, about Dominicans, and/or, the DR!!!!!!!
I hope you at least have a return ticket to "La La Land"????????????????????????
USE IT!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Charlise",...SOMEHOW,........I don't think "Shutting UP" is in "Surfer Girl's" nature!!!!!
I say girl, because of her idea that she wants to"PUNISH" her perceived "Wrong Doer", rather than just, "Move On"!!!!!!

"A Woman Scorned",....and "All That"!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Not clear on the two contract thing. Was the check that was offered paying you in full? And you refused it because you didn't like the date on it? Then, no, not a smart thing to do.