Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Shipping under $200 laptop to DR from reputable dealer? Will it pass by aduana?

    I understand services like PickNSend and EPS will only charge a rate/pound for anything under $200. No tax is involved here.

    But let's say a business like Walmart or a reputable ebay/Amazon seller sells a new (but older) laptop for $190. Will it go through aduana and will I have to pay 18%?

    I'm not talking about an imac or something expensive that I miraculously bought for $190. I'm actually talking about an old laptop that may cost about $230 regular price, but today it's at $190. These are old laptops with 1GB ram and a 50GB drive, with no OS.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does not matter what business sends it, if it is less than $200 no tax. Use EPS, they are very dependable and clear customs same day.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Does not matter what business sends it, if it is less than $200 no tax. Use EPS, they are very dependable and clear customs same day.
    Just be sure that an invoice is included in the package so that the aduana doesn't need to guess at the price.

  4. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
  5. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Laptop = $$$$$ to aduanas

    Invoice slip....ya whatever like Iverson said " we're talkin about practice" but substitute practice for Aduanas

    They make up the own rules

    Hands down the most corrupt, incompetent, uneducated and illogical of all the government departments and it's not ever close

    But I'll tell you later how I really think......

    EPS they are just another of Aduanas little bitch's they do what they are told

    Maybe you'll be lucky though and I don't mean to offend anyone but like I have stated on this site before I HATE ADUANAS !
    Last edited by oldschool; 01-03-2014 at 06:16 PM.

  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Laptop = $$$$$ to aduanas

    Invoice slip....ya whatever like Iverson said " we're talkin about practice" but substitute practice for Aduanas

    They make up the own rules

    Hands down the most corrupt, incompetent, uneducated and illogical of all the government departments and it's not ever close

    But I'll tell you later how I really think......

    EPS they are just another of Aduanas little bitch's they do what they are told

    Maybe you'll be lucky though and I don't mean to offend anyone but like I have stated on this site before I HATE ADUANAS !
    Have no idea what prompted this rant, but I buy a lot from Amazon and other US sources and have it shipped via EPS. Have never had a problem with either EPS or the aduana. If there is an invoice in the package, it goes right through, no questions asked. If there is no invoice, EPS contacts me and asks for the invoice. I copy what was sent me by email by the seller when he confirmed my purchase and send it to EPS.

    Either way, as long as the total is under $200 there are no issues, no problems, no charges.

  7. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
  8. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But if it's a laptop, are you guys sure that it doesn't go through aduana even if it's under $200 and it has an invoice from a reputable busines?

    I talked to my rep from Picknsend and she says that it if it's a laptop (in this case, a 12-lb box), even if it's under $200 and there's a valid invoice, it will go through aduana and they will find the "real book value", whatever that means.
    Last edited by vmhatup; 01-03-2014 at 11:10 PM.

  9. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vmhatup View Post
    But if it's a laptop, are you guys sure that it doesn't go through aduana even if it's under $200 and it has an invoice from a reputable busines?

    I talked to my rep from Picknsend and she says that it if it's a laptop (in this case, a 12-lb box), even if it's under $200 and there's a valid invoice, it will go through aduana and they will find the "real book value", whatever that means.
    BINGO ! Like I said in the first line of my post

    Laptops = $$$$$

    and now I will direct you back to my original post

    I hope for your sake that were both wrong though

    Buena Suerte !

  10. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Have no idea what prompted this rant, but I buy a lot from Amazon and other US sources and have it shipped via EPS. Have never had a problem with either EPS or the aduana. If there is an invoice in the package, it goes right through, no questions asked. If there is no invoice, EPS contacts me and asks for the invoice. I copy what was sent me by email by the seller when he confirmed my purchase and send it to EPS.

    Either way, as long as the total is under $200 there are no issues, no problems, no charges.
    So naive.......and it's not ranting it's truthing

  11. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You can always dispute the charges before getting the merchandise from customs. You can go and show them the walmart website so they can see the price for themselves, but IMHO you will spend more in gas than in tax. Relax, even if they consider the laptop price to be $400 or $500 USD, the taxes should'n't even be DOP 2K.

  12. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    bought several laptops under 200$ through amazon, and shipped through encargopaq... never had an issue...

    BelgianK

  13. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •