Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping under $200 laptop to DR from reputable dealer? Will it pass by aduana?

I understand services like PickNSend and EPS will only charge a rate/pound for anything under $200. No tax is involved here.

But let's say a business like Walmart or a reputable ebay/Amazon seller sells a new (but older) laptop for $190. Will it go through aduana and will I have to pay 18%?

I'm not talking about an imac or something expensive that I miraculously bought for $190. I'm actually talking about an old laptop that may cost about $230 regular price, but today it's at $190. These are old laptops with 1GB ram and a 50GB drive, with no OS.

Thanks.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Does not matter what business sends it, if it is less than $200 no tax. Use EPS, they are very dependable and clear customs same day.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Does not matter what business sends it, if it is less than $200 no tax. Use EPS, they are very dependable and clear customs same day.
    Just be sure that an invoice is included in the package so that the aduana doesn't need to guess at the price.

4. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Laptop = $$$$$ to aduanas

Invoice slip....ya whatever like Iverson said " we're talkin about practice" but substitute practice for Aduanas

They make up the own rules

Hands down the most corrupt, incompetent, uneducated and illogical of all the government departments and it's not ever close

But I'll tell you later how I really think......

EPS they are just another of Aduanas little bitch's they do what they are told

Maybe you'll be lucky though and I don't mean to offend anyone but like I have stated on this site before I HATE ADUANAS !
    Last edited by oldschool; 01-03-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Laptop = $$$$$ to aduanas

Invoice slip....ya whatever like Iverson said " we're talkin about practice" but substitute practice for Aduanas

They make up the own rules

Hands down the most corrupt, incompetent, uneducated and illogical of all the government departments and it's not ever close

But I'll tell you later how I really think......

EPS they are just another of Aduanas little bitch's they do what they are told

Maybe you'll be lucky though and I don't mean to offend anyone but like I have stated on this site before I HATE ADUANAS !
    Have no idea what prompted this rant, but I buy a lot from Amazon and other US sources and have it shipped via EPS. Have never had a problem with either EPS or the aduana. If there is an invoice in the package, it goes right through, no questions asked. If there is no invoice, EPS contacts me and asks for the invoice. I copy what was sent me by email by the seller when he confirmed my purchase and send it to EPS.

Either way, as long as the total is under $200 there are no issues, no problems, no charges.

7. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

But if it's a laptop, are you guys sure that it doesn't go through aduana even if it's under $200 and it has an invoice from a reputable busines?

I talked to my rep from Picknsend and she says that it if it's a laptop (in this case, a 12-lb box), even if it's under $200 and there's a valid invoice, it will go through aduana and they will find the "real book value", whatever that means.
    Last edited by vmhatup; 01-03-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vmhatup View Post
    But if it's a laptop, are you guys sure that it doesn't go through aduana even if it's under $200 and it has an invoice from a reputable busines?

I talked to my rep from Picknsend and she says that it if it's a laptop (in this case, a 12-lb box), even if it's under $200 and there's a valid invoice, it will go through aduana and they will find the "real book value", whatever that means.
    BINGO ! Like I said in the first line of my post

Laptops = $$$$$

and now I will direct you back to my original post

I hope for your sake that were both wrong though

Buena Suerte !

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Have no idea what prompted this rant, but I buy a lot from Amazon and other US sources and have it shipped via EPS. Have never had a problem with either EPS or the aduana. If there is an invoice in the package, it goes right through, no questions asked. If there is no invoice, EPS contacts me and asks for the invoice. I copy what was sent me by email by the seller when he confirmed my purchase and send it to EPS.

Either way, as long as the total is under $200 there are no issues, no problems, no charges.
    So naive.......and it's not ranting it's truthing

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can always dispute the charges before getting the merchandise from customs. You can go and show them the walmart website so they can see the price for themselves, but IMHO you will spend more in gas than in tax. Relax, even if they consider the laptop price to be $400 or $500 USD, the taxes should'n't even be DOP 2K.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

bought several laptops under 200$ through amazon, and shipped through encargopaq... never had an issue...

BelgianK

13. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast