How much does this cost? Materials for some minor consctruction...

Dec 24, 2012
Hey all,

So I need to do some minor construction but not sure what the going rate is for the material my local guy needs to construct. Do you have a good idea how much these would cost?

8 varillas

20 funda de cemento

Un camion de gravilla

I appreciate your help!

~JER

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Not much help but I bought some colon ciment at 270 pesos la founda the other day.

Dec 24, 2012
That does help actually. Seems that's about the going rate for a funda of cement. I'm used to discounts for bulk purchases in the States... I wonder if asking for "una rabajaita" would work? I'm told it doesn't work that way here, prices are fixed no matter how much quantity... is this true?

Seems la varillas are expensive... hope someone could shed some light on the prices on it.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Often guys who work in construction, electricity....get a 10 to 20%discount at their usal store.

Just make sure u know what ure doing with ciment. Often the workes will say 2 foundas cimento is enough, and u discover after ure paneta is full of holes cos they used too much sand and shouod of used 6 founda.....

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Hey all,

So I need to do some minor construction but not sure what the going rate is for the material my local guy needs to construct. Do you have a good idea how much these would cost?

8 varillas

20 funda de cemento

Un camion de gravilla

I appreciate your help!

~JER

Pretty difficult to say exactly as you are very unclear......

You do not say where your construction project is or what part of the country you will be purchasing your materials, construction materials prices are somewhat geography specific.

8 varillas, what size???? going rate here in our part of SD is RD2,100.00 qq

What brand of cement? not all are equal! that said we recently purchased 150 fundas de cemento cibao for RD240.00 por funda, delivered.

grava, what kind? where? how? what size camion? We have been buying 3/4" for RD$900.00 m3 and 6m3 truck loads of Cascajo for RD$4,800.00 delivered.

your project uses no sand?

g'luck

If you allow your contractor to make the purchase of materials, he will take a cut.

Always best to have contractor quote only MO and you buy and supply all materials.