Thread: Buggy trips

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Buggy trips

Do they do these 4 wheel Buggy off road trips in Punta Cana? Any info regarding prices etc much appreciated.

*** On Vacation! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

4 wheel buggy trips? You will have to go to Lancaster, Pa and flag down some Amish people. If on the other hand you are looking for dune buggys than I have know idea? I'm sure there are off road 4 wheelers and probably someone offers a tour.

LTSteve

3. Dislikes Jaime809 disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by donP; 01-04-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The rides I've seen (sometimes called "boogies") stick to the side roads and visit places to buy local trinkets and such. Those are anywhere from $40 to $75, depending on your Spanish, negotiating skills, and where you book them. On the resorts will be more expensive and the vendor will be less willing to budge on price. I've never been on one that was truly off-road (ie, requiring a helmet) so I don't know where to catch them.

Walking along Playa Bavaro you will find many stands and even more people walking and "selling" excursions, including boogies. I use quotes because some are legit but many of the guys walking and "selling" are really scams. The stands are safer bets, and booking at the resort is the most reliable method.