Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leon Jimenes 300 Corona availability and price in the DR

Hi,

First, my best wishes to everybody for 2014.

I don't know zilch about cigars.

I was asked if I can find the cigars mentioned above in the DR, and if yes, which price should I pay?

I am not sure if there are two sizes, the corona and small corona size, in which case it would probably be the small corona I should buy.

It is just a one box purchase, no business intended.

I know there are some cigars aficionados here, any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Barbabé
    Last edited by Barnabe; 01-05-2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: precision

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you live in the DR?
    Most big Super Mercados have "Boxes" of many "Leon Jimenes'" for sale, but how "Fresh" they are is yet another question???
    Contact "Hillbilly",."HB", he is our "Cigar Expert".
    If you are buying for a friend in the USA, he can get them cheaper buying "Online" there.
    Auction sites are the best prices, and "FUN" too!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with CCCCCCCCCCCCC...JRCigars.com and many other sites that DavidZ or CCCCCC can tell you about and you can score great cigars at 1/2 - 1/3 the price they cost here! No sh!t...

HB

Moderator DR1.com

4. Likes Frank the Tank, Criss Colon liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Leon Jiminez 300 Corona size at the Cafe Cubano in Sosua, perhaps $350 pesos a cigar. Buy a box of 25 and get 10% off.
    Leon Jiminez 300 Robusto (shorter and a bit fatter than the Corona) are I think $400 pesos a cigar. 10% off per box as well.
    (I could be wrong on those prices by 20 pesos/cigar)

I once saw a box of the Robustos at the duty free in the Santo Domingo airport. Price was similar.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I use "Cigarbid.com",...and "Famous smoke shop.com, but ONLY "Famous'" ,auction site!!!!
    With good bidding technique, and that takes some effort, even with the shipping, in many cases, BACK to the DR, it's STILL a LOT cheaper to "Buy THERE",...and "Smoke HERE"!!!!!!
    I use "EPS" for shipping.
    Just remember that the "$200 US Dollar limit per shipment still stands. Orders OVER $200 will be charged "Custom's Fees" on the entire order!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    it's STILL a LOT cheaper to "Buy THERE",...and "Smoke HERE"!!!!!!
    Thanks Criss,

That's what I told to the guy, having read already that kind of advice on the forum.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Hillbilly, I know this is a bulletproof advice

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Totally agree with CCCCCCCCCCCCC...JRCigars.com and many other sites that DavidZ or CCCCCC can tell you about and you can score great cigars at 1/2 - 1/3 the price they cost here! No sh!t...

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Westcan

Thanks, I will pass your figures together with CC and Hillbilly's comment

Barnabé

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Great advice above. But if you're in the DR a great way to find good cigars cheap is to shop around the small family 'rollers' in the hills. You'll find diamonds among the coal. Small to mid-size factories that have been around forever can make you super deals. Try Carbonel's east and uphill from Villa Gonzales. They make the vanity labels for Mike Tyson and others. And the girls that roll'em are fairest of all . . .

TIP: scoop some up from the reject box, sometimes for free, but always very cheap. So the Churchill with the blonde CT wrapper is 2mm under the prescribed length, boo-hoo. It only costs a quarter! And if you're a real smoker, not just a club show-off, go in the cooler and grab a few packs of cheroots at a few pesos each. Maybe more if dipped in rum or molasses.

And even better! You come away having had a super eco-vacation in the best scenery in the world among the best people.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pelaut View Post

And even better! You come away having had a super eco-vacation in the best scenery in the world among the best people.
    That must be by far the best part of it

Thanks, Pelaut

Barnabé