Did dominican "invented" Stop-Start Vehicles?

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Did dominican "invented" Stop-Start Vehicles?

I noticed some public vehicle drivers, to save fuel, shift to neutral and turned the engine off [mainly manual transmission] while coasting downhill and even on flat road.

They also turned the engine off at red lights or traffic jam. I have done all that all my life, since my first car, a VW. It also keeps the engine cooler.

No wonder, the engine during normal [city?] driving is not used 33% of the time, except to keep the airconditioning [compressor] running.

Recently the automotive industry [mainly in europe] re-invented Stop Star vehicles, claiming 10% gas saving. But to keep airconditioning and 'power steering' going they now use electric motors, which run on battery power while engine is off, it was about time!

The engine is turned off automatically if idling for 1.5 seconds and back on inmediatly once you release the brake [or hit the accelerator pedal i guess]

So with more energy now required from the battery, they are switching to a 48 volt battery system, finally, obviously better than 12v no matter what.

[btw, 48v is the maximun safe level for humans to handle with bare hands, old phone lines use 48v while on-hook and ringing, dropping to 8v while off-hook.]

But really the whole scheme is to perpetuate the use of anachronistic ICE vehicles.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Empiric", find some friends to help you occupy your time!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Dominicans DID "Invent" having all the "GuaGua" passengers get off the bus, and push it a mile down the "Duarte Highway" to the nearest "Isla" station to buy 100 pesos of gasoline!