10 year old boy kills himself over dia de los reyes gift

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Here's the translation:

Three Kings Day came early yesterday laden with tears and sadness for the families and neighbors of the child Yeuris Manuel Mart?nez Dom?nguez, who was just 10 years old, took his life, "because he felt unhappy and sad with the modest Christmas present his mother left him, "according to the police report this morning.

The news of the suicide of the young child Yeuris has caused dismay and deep sadness among family and friends of the family, who " if they had known would have given him all the toys that he wanted," said Marcos Medina a neighborhood grocer Lady of The borough Victoria, Santo Domingo Norte jurisdiction where the tragedy occurred.

According to information, after expressing his disagreement with the toy that his mother gave him on the Day of Kings, the child Yeuris without anyone noticing took refuge in a house under construction and hanged himself. He was found, already dead, hanging with a rope tied around his neck, tied to a rod inside the building, located in the Main Street area of ​​La Victoria.

Yeuris was the son of Mrs. Clara Mieses Dominguez, 31, and his death and the circumstances surrounding it "was the saddest Christmas present she could have imagined," said the trader Medina.

The sorrowful mother told police that her little Yeuris felt sad and unhappy with the toy she bought him, and the child asked 100 pesos because he "wanted to buy something else" and she replied that she would give him the money the following day.

But the boy left the house of his mother and committed suicide, according to a police report. The case is under investigation by police officers and the public prosecutor of the jurisdiction of Villa Mella, while dozens of people, including journalists from various media, were present this morning at the house of the mother.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
That?s sad! A couple of months ago it was on the news that a kid , around the same age, killed himself too because he was told he was not going to be allowed to see his mom for Christmas. That?s what he was told as a punishment for getting bad grades at school!

Anyway, there must have been really bad things going on in this kid?s life. A kid just doesn?t kill himself over a bad present.

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
That?s sad! A couple of months ago it was on the news that a kid , around the same age, killed himself too because he was told he was not going to be allowed to see his mom for Christmas. That?s what he was told as a punishment for getting bad grades at school!

Anyway, there must have been really bad things going on in this kid?s life. A kid just doesn?t kill himself over a bad present.

I was thinking the same thing.When I read this story it didn't sound right to me.I hope the
police conduct a thorough investigation.Something is not right in that household.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think a child of this age does not understand death all that well. does not know that this is final and there is no going back. i imagine he thought something like: i'm going to show her, i will kill myself and then mom will feel bad and cry and i will tell her that she should buy me better gifts next time.

maybe he did not understand that death is irreversible and there is no going back. children begin to get the hang of death concept when they are about 4 but do not grasp it fully until much older, about 8-12, especially the part about their own death.

so i do not think there was anything sinister going on in the household. he just wanted to give his mom a lesson. he did not know what he was doing. but it's an interesting choice of a suicide method. i wonder where he saw that? as a child i wanted to commit seppuku after watching shogun. the boy must have seen or heard about hanging.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Local children are exposed to death at a very young age. They take you to your relatives? funerals and you see them there, cold, motionless, in a box. And then there?s 9 straight days of mourning and crying for this person who?s not coming back. Even though you?re a kid, by age 10 you sure know these people are gone for good!

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Local children are exposed to death at a very young age. They take you to your relatives? funerals and you see them there, cold, motionless, in a box. And then there?s 9 straight days of mourning and crying for this person who?s not coming back. Even though you?re a kid, by age 10 you sure know these people are gone for good!

I agree. Especially when they see abuelita in the coffin, they know she's not coming back.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

this is different. while a child can understand that grandma or grandpa are dead and they will not come back they do not understand that they will die too. and never come back. understanding the inevitability and finality of own death comes later in life. the exposure to death of other people does not mean understanding the concept of death. and i am pretty sure kids here see or hear about death but no one explains it to them: that everyone and everything will die, what happens to the body afterwards and so on.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
There must have been something wrong with this child, either psychological or abuse. A child does not simply take away his life over a toy, there's more to this than meets the eye. This is my opinion.

I am not saying physical abuse, it could be mental abuse. For this child to have done this is not
something that was thought of at the spur of the moment. Something must have been going on
for some time.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
this is different. while a child can understand that grandma or grandpa are dead and they will not come back they do not understand that they will die too. and never come back. understanding the inevitability and finality of own death comes later in life. the exposure to death of other people does not mean understanding the concept of death. and i am pretty sure kids here see or hear about death but no one explains it to them: that everyone and everything will die, what happens to the body afterwards and so on.

As a kid, I do remember clearly understanding that death was final, that it also happened to children and that it could happen to me as well. But, perhaps you?re right and he wasn?t clear about it, no one explained it to him, etc.

IMO, he was either depressive or there were many other things wrong in his life.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
dv8 is correct. Many times many years ago we moved to a different part of the city. My 5 year old brother was upset because we moved away from his friends. We had an unfinished basement so while my mother was doing the laundry in a wringer washer (that's how long ago it was) he threw a rope around the cross supports and tied it around his neck. His feet were 2 inches above the ground and he was trying to stop it. Had the washing machine not stopped at that time and my mother heard him choking he would be dead. He has gone on to work in a field where he has saved many lives. Karma and I have had a brother who I love very much. He is 58 years old.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wiki shows that shogun was in polish tv in the first half of the 80's. so i was 8-10 when i tried seppuku with dining knife. i remember the act, i thought seppuku was so cool, so brave, so amazing. i did not, even for a second think, that it meant death. i know that at the time i knew already that i will die too, eventually, because i was crying over this until my brother told me that when i die i will be dead so i will not be able to worry about being dead. but still, the concept of suicide was not there...

anyways, deaths of children are rarely investigated here. i cannot help to think that there are too many "accidental" deaths here. and often the families refuse post mortem. it always makes me think that someone helped some of those deaths to happen.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sad no matter why!
BUT,as far as his mother's "Version",..."Trust",....but "Verify"!!!!!
As far as the 2 year old dead from alcohol poisoning in his own home, HELP his parents "Join Him"!!!
"dv" what about the "Pareja" in Santiago???
Checked into a "Cabana",...2 hour later, "Shots Ring Out",... Murder/Suicide.
One of the two was NOT Satisfied!

"Six Newborns dead at SD "Maternity Hospital".
Their is a controversy as to how the died,.."No Es Mi Culpa",...vs.,..........."No Fui YO"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The dead kids parents say all six died when the electricity to the "machines" keeping them alive went out.
The "Hospital" claims ONLY TWO died from no electricity, the other 4 were "Already Dead"!!!!
I KNOW THAT will bring peace to the family of the "4" whom were "Already Dead"!!!!!!!
NOW, could the our resident, "DR Spin Doctors", please tell us one more time about the "Fantastic Hospitals" in the DR?????
Story in today's "Diario Libre"!!!!

I once had to give my brother-in-law 2,000 pesos to pay the hospital to release the body of his newborn son.
They kept the body, "On Ice" for a week until they got their money.
"C'mon Man",...for 2,000 pesos?????

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there was also a 10 month old child who died in a house fire when loving ma left it alone with a burning candle. seeing that this damn candle is a reason for deaths of multiple kids in DR every year you'd think the parents will learn, right? leave the kid in the dark, it will cry but live.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
OR,.................. How about doing what loving mothers do, (I Almost Said "Parents", but "Hey" the so called "Fathers are never in the home anyway!)
Don't leave your infants, and/or little children "Home Alone"!!!!!!

Now for the crowd who want's to make excuses for leaving children locked in the house, by saying,..."The mother may have to leave the house to work so the children can eat"!!!!
I say, "BULL$HIT"!!!!!!!!
She should have thought about THAT when she was 13 years old, and AGAIN, at 14, and yet AGAIN at 15, and,and,and,............!!!!!!!!
Not only THAT,...but,...."Dead Kids DON't EAT"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC