Dead animals on the highway

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Seems to be a very prolific season for dead animals on the highway here between Sosua and Cabarete :(

I have seen an endless number of dead dogs, cats, cows and even a horse near to Ocean Village.
There is a particularly hideous dog's corpse on the road near Coconut Palms that i have to pass daily on my pasola, trying to hold my breath until i am well clear.

Add to that the horrible kiiling of 2 people on a moto yesterday morning on the lethal stretch of road going from Coconut Palms to La Cienaga and it seems to be proving to be a very nasty season out on the roads.

Be very careful out there amigos

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Throw a tyre over the body and burn it, that used to be the norm when I lived up north. Run out of tyres?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I understand that, we had a dead horse on the side of the road about 100mtrs away, when the breeze blew due it was disgusting.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
A dead cow!!! Last year near villa isabla a small dahitsu type lorry hit a cow in a curve ( dangerous known one). Anyway I was with my wife at "hospital", and they brought 2 guys in from the crash. We were heading out, drove home, and on the way....... about 20 people cutting up the cow on the side of the road!!!!!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Why not do what my brother and father do...if its been dead for less then 6 hours, haul a barbecue grill over to the horse and begin cutting it up immediately. its helps if you are in the shade, so if there is any shade nearby, set up your barbecue grill in the shade.

Bring lots of herbs and a very large syringe. you can buy a large syringe at any vet store here. Fill the syringe up with sour oranges, lemon, salt, vinegar, olive oil, and freshly chopped up oregano, basil and cilantro. Inject this into the meat you plan on grilling. Cut about a dozen 2-inch steaks away from the rear section of the horse. marinate it thoroughly and make sure the barbecue is very hot. Between 300 to 400 degrees.

Bring some barbecue sauce as well. Marinate some of the meat in barbecue sauce and skewer them onto a stick. Be sure you bring fresh sticks or some hardened steel motorcycle spokes. The spokes work great, but they get hotter then hell. be careful not to burn the roof of your mouth.

Cook for about 20 minutes and keep turning the meat over. Cut up as much meat as you can carry and bring it back and smoke it in a dry room. if your not familiar with how to smoke meat, check the internet...its dead simple.

Smoked cat with peppercorn is my brother and father's favorite dish. I prefer smoked horse or donkey meat myself.

PS. be sure you bring a barbecue grill that has wheels. it will be easier to move it into the shade as the sun arcs across the sky. We learned from experience the hard way.

Frank

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I said years ago to a guy selling chopped chicken on the street of Sosua, chicken is not naturally dark brown to black!

You know where these guys get their meat, a little of forgetful juice and most of us don't care if it's fido or bag puss.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
if only the dog had been there 6 hours Frank….its about 6 days now and counting and the stench is quite beyond belief.

At least i can go past at speed on my pasola, unlike the poor Haitians who have to walk past it, holding their shirts up to their noses to try and stop the gagging :(

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I said years ago to a guy selling chopped chicken on the street of Sosua, chicken is not naturally dark brown to black!

You know where these guys get their meat, a little of forgetful juice and most of us don't care if it's fido or bag puss.

Chicken here is brown to black.That's why it's called pollo 'al carbon'.

Preferably start the grill with old tyres for the authentic flavour....