Canadian Tourists at Bahia Principe "Nightmare Vacation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
weird...

Anyway my dad just went there for a week , at gran bahia principe and had amazing vacation he told me !

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I read about this on TA and wondered why no one got the Tourist or National Police involved. Anyone can call a police. The Hotel Management may disregard a complaint but the Police will not. The victims did report to Canadian Police but that is to no avail, not their bailiwick.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
does anyone have a different link to the story? this page does not open for me.

May 29, 2006
If you can't speak Spanish, calling the police won't help much. Does the 911 number have English speakers?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
does the 911 number work, even? spanish or no, it should not matter. it's the hotel that should take this matter to the police and assist the tourist. or consulate/embassy. in any case, they should be able to file a report.

this story tells you something about inner works of DR... did the assault happen? yes. was it reported? no. will it appear in any statistics about safety in DR? no.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bahia Principe San Juan

Does this nightmare story of the two girls surprise me?
No, not a bit.
Dominican men regard 'gringas' as easy prey and fair game.*
Hotel staff unwilling to call the police is quite normal here.

Ask PICHARDO whether that horrible incident will affect Canadians' bookings..... :cross-eye

donP

*)
Although there may be a reason for it... :rolleyes:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Maria santissima!!!! Imagine that. I would save up for a couple of months and rent a torpilla to go after barmann and security guards........

Another good PR stunt for the dr. Great going!! Keep it up!!

We will probably find some dr1 posters (hint hint ) to suggest it seves them right for travelling on their own......
I am pretty sure dr1 is infiltrated by ministerio of tourismo.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Ask PICHARDO whether that horrible incident will affect Canadians' bookings

he will say "no" and rightly so. human memory is a short one. soon this story will be buried under depths of other reviews. and canadian government is not likely to issue travel warning because of a small incident like that. maybe if the women were killed it would make headlines...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Nuria may take it up.

he ("PICHARDO") will say "no" and rightly so.

It takes an investigative journalist to investigate the matter further.
Let's see whether "Nuria" shows interest.... :classic:

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nuria is well trained. she only goes after prey that has been pointed to her and permitted to hunt.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Not sure how your dad having a great time going to this resort would make women going alone or together feel any better!

Oh... Of course not, didnt mean nothing bad... Obviously its very sad and if truth, those assholes deserve the worst. They make the country look bad and maybe one day its gonna get serious to a point nobody would come here wich would be very sad.

Just saying my dad was there last week and had a blast - but theres always isolate incident that are very sad to hear, i just dont think people should stop coming and worry in a resort in punta cana for one bad story.

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
The story seems so incredible - like right out of one of those "It happened in Paradise" stories. A terrifying experience for those involved - and they're doing a good job at getting the word out. When people are already choosing Punta Cana or Samana hotels for their AI stays instead of the North Coast, stories like this have to affect peoples decisions to stay there. I've know lots and lots of people from Nova Scotia that have stayed at this AI over the years, but can't imagine them choosing to return knowing stories like this; there are too many other options available.

Status
Not open for further replies.