Selling a car

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Sold my bad 11 year old montero in two days on eMarket.do.

(Best visited Dominican website after the local newspapers and banco popular website. If you want your add seen, use emarket.)

Last edited:

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
ok so you've decided to sell your car and have found a potential buyer - what is the responsibility of the seller from that point on? When I bought my car the "agent" arranged for the title transfer, police report and taxes. What I mean is prior to turning over the keys besides the money what does the buyer have to present to me? anything?

Karlheinz

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
2nd question - Since I don't have a DR bank account besides cash how does the buyer transfer funds to me?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
First answer: get a contract and a lawyer who is a public notary (he'll give you the contract actually, if you are in SD, I can hook you up with one that's trustable.

In the negotiation you determine who pays for the lawyer, most of the time it's the buyer.

You have to sign the matricula on the back (and the contract ofcourse). He gives you the money, you give him the car and the matricula and that's it. Make sure you get a copy of the notarized contract.

It's his responsibility to go to plan Piloto (check if it's stolen) and some buyers insist to do that together with you, but the last time I sold a vehicle the buyer said he already checked somewhere else (I think he said dgii) that all was fine. Also his responsibility to get the car on his name (and pay the tax), you should insist on that though and check later at dgii if he did, if not you can notify them, with a copy of the contract that the car is not anymore in your possession.

The money can be received with a certified check that you can cash at the bank where it's bought. Don't accept a normal heck. A certified check is paid for and will not bounce.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I'm with 8! I actually have a friend that works at their SD office if you want her contact info..She also does the Realtor thingy

You can also post a free ad on www.dominicantoday.com and Corotos, not sure of the spelling, but do a search under Google.com.do it will come up

put in on supercarros website: SuperCarros - Rep?blica Dominicana - compra de carros, venta de vehiculos
put it on la pulga: Honda acord, Montero nativa, Honda civic, Ford ranger, Honda civic en la mas completa de RD - Lapulga.com.do
buy classifieds on dr1 and then also start a thread to bring it to attention of dr1ers.