Sambil compare with

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
which is larger, the one in Caracas or SD?, seem about the same, going by data only.

how will it compare with the new one starting to build in PR this year?

and how them all compare with Plaza las Americas in San Juan PR

do they provide data based on rental space or what?

which has more land to expand?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Emperic", get a "Hobby"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Note to "OP,... you will get to 500 posts soon enough, you don't need to make yourself look like an idiot to get there!!!!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
no

btw when are you going back to school?:rolleyes:
If you haven't noticed, CC's posts are actually true works of art. I think he claims he is dyslectic, but hardly makes any unintentional spelling mistakes, never misses a closing quote symbol (") and for the real observant folks, there is a pattern in the number of question and exclamation marks he uses, which also relates to the number of C's below each posts.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The subject of the malls is interesting. The competition between malls has helped make the malls fun places, the new public spaces. There is always something going on at the malls...

Agora is thriving... and from visiting friends it has gotten great reviews as a great mall by any world standard.
Sambil and Galerias 360 are wonderful for leisurely shopping or just browsing. Many stores have January sales now.

Santo Domingo malls have also attracted several stores from Latin America. This is a trend that is expected to continue.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
More like " the Truth is, you are an irritant" . I believe the Sambil mall in Caracas Venezuela is the one that Chavez took away and turned into an indoor ghetto.

That would have been the second Sambil in Caracas. The first and original one is maybe the same size as the one in SD, but the one in caracas is 4 or 5 stories tall (or deep in that case), so it's in fact much bigger.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
More like " the Truth is, you are an irritant" . I believe the Sambil mall in Caracas Venezuela is the one that Chavez took away and turned into an indoor ghetto.

That was gonna be the second Sambil in Caracas, Sambil La Candelaria. The first one opened in 1998.

To the OP...wikipedia.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you haven't noticed, CC's posts are actually true works of art. I think he claims he is dyslectic, but hardly makes any unintentional spelling mistakes, never misses a closing quote symbol (") and for the real observant folks, there is a pattern in the number of question and exclamation marks he uses, which also relates to the number of C's below each posts.
That would signs of OCD.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC'..."CODE", Is Broken by.....

A Fellow , "Smart Ass Dutchman"!!!!!!!!!!!
We "Dutch" have taken back the SEA, and love "Dykes" TOO!!!!!!!
"Code Breaking" is just our "Pasa Tiempo"!!!!!!
If we Dutch had been the ones to "Colonize" Hispanola, just IMAGINE what a REAL "Paraiso" this would have become!
Well, at least were here now doing our best to, "Mejor La Raza"!!!!!
"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans",
Better known in the DR as "Don CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC"!!!

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
The subject of the malls is interesting. The competition between malls has helped make the malls fun places, the new public spaces. There is always something going on at the malls...

better than going to some parks, like Independencia and Mirador, during summer, SD is too hot

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
A Fellow , "Smart Ass Dutchman"!!!!!!!!!!!
We "Dutchmen!

Where were you born Tom? Where were your parents born?

Far beit from me to talk about 5th generation of Irish in the US but something tells me you are not unlike those liars who were born in the US claiming they weren't, 'I'm Irish', are you hell. Must be difficult to love your country so much yet feel the need to disassociate yourself from it so badly?

Last edited:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Where were you born Tom? Where were your parents born?

Far beit from me to talk about 5th generation of Irish in the US but something tells me you are not unlike those liars who were born in the US claiming they weren't, 'I'm Irish', are you hell. Must be difficult to love your country so much yet feel the need to disassociate yourself from it so badly?

If you are genuinely Dutch I apologise Hans down!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Holy cow! And we also just got to know YOU kept on top of all that!!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
which is larger, the one in Caracas or SD?, seem about the same, going by data only.

Caracas, or at least until the next phase of the SD Sambil gets done! There's a second phase that will include a hotel, much like the Blue Mall, for Sambil.

how will it compare with the new one starting to build in PR this year?

Given how things are since the project was first reported for PR and the first shovel has yet to hit the dirt there, let's give it a few more years and see where things stand by then.

and how them all compare with Plaza las Americas in San Juan PR

Plaza Las Americas in San Juan is already showing its age in some parts, others have seen a new development and moderated success. But to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and PLA is still "the" shopping center of PR until something else comes along. As far as to "compare" PLA to other new single roof Malls? Well... It depends on what you like on a shopping center. Bigger is not always better (albeit some women don't think so).

do they provide data based on rental space or what?

??????

which has more land to expand?

Clearly you can expand a Mall by going vertical, only that in the case of PLA it would end up looking like a bad case of boxitis.