Revista regulation, what exactly is needed?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I would like the exact regulation on what is needed for the revista inspection. I know security triangle, fire extinguisher etc but would love to have the proper things before finally going in and doing it to not waste time. I also heard first aid kit but not sure, also a good place to obtain said items would be awesome, I saw some small kits at Ochoa that had a security triangle and some other random crap but would be nice to just buy them cheaply a la carte.

Thanks in advance.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I found this from 8 years ago,

Requisitos del Veh?culo

Veh?culo en buenas condiciones de motor, carrocer?a y cristales.
Espejos retrovisores y sistema de luces operando adecuadamente.
Gomas apropiadas al veh?culo y en buen estado
Control de emisi?n de gases (muffler) en buenas condiciones
Goma de repuesto, gato y llave de rueda
Botiqu?n, triangulo de seguridad y extintor. En veh?culos de carga adem?s lona protectora.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Also where is the office to go for the inspection in Santiago.

in POP you go to oficina de transporte so i presume it must be the same in santiago. here's the address:
www.gob.do - Santiago de los Caballeros

when miesposo went to get revista for my car, few months ago, they were not interested in fire extinguisher not first aid. they only asked to turn of the car, lights, put it in gear, that sort of stuff.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
i walked in, gave the guy RD200, he took me to the car & stuck the sticker on my screen

actually he put the sticker for my amigos car on my screen & my amigo has my sticker now lol

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think it depends where you are.

I sent my matricula, my insurance and 42 pesos off with my man .
He returned with my sticker...... actually 2 stickers, for two cars ( so 84 pesos)

No muss , no fuss.
That was to Rio San Juan... I have heard that the Revista is a 'big city ' thing - not much to worry about in the country.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Easiest way...Get a local AMT guy give him 300 pesos and wala you have a sticker.

BObK

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
revista/marbete etc.

There are usually a bunch of guys in front of the OTTT building next to the Plaza de la Salud selling stickers for a few hundred pesos. Search this forum for several years of posts about the legitimate process, or go to 'ottt.gov.do' for the official story. Happy motoring!

Easiest way...Get a local AMT guy give him 300 pesos and wala you have a sticker.

BObK

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
revista/marbete etc.

There are usually a bunch of guys in front of the OTTT building next to the Plaza de la Salud selling stickers for a few hundred pesos. Search this forum for several years of posts about the legitimate process, or go to 'ottt.gov.do' for the official story. Happy motoring!

BObK

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I found this from 8 years ago,

Requisitos del Veh�culo

Veh�culo en buenas condiciones de motor, carrocer�a y cristales.
Espejos retrovisores y sistema de luces operando adecuadamente.
Gomas apropiadas al veh�culo y en buen estado
Control de emisi�n de gases (muffler) en buenas condiciones
Goma de repuesto, gato y llave de rueda
Botiqu�n, triangulo de seguridad y extintor. En veh�culos de carga adem�s lona protectora.

I bumped this old thread to show the safety kit requirements which has everyone in manic panic has been required since 2006.It's taken 11 years for enforcement.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I bumped this old thread to show the safety kit requirements which has everyone in manic panic has been required since 2006.It's taken 11 years for enforcement.

And they all thought it was not a legal requirement!