My Dominicanita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreams_of_her

Jan 12, 2014
Hello, I was recently introduced to a beautiful Dominican girl thru email by my uncle who married this girls aunt on his first trip to DR. I instantly thought he was crazy but after listening to him speak of how good this woman treated him I was sold. I began emailing this girl and exchanging photos she was so beautiful I fell for her instantly. She has never asked for anything yet, she emails and sends me photos of her everyday. She did mention that she couldn't call because of the cost but I ignored it as if I didn't hear it. I hear most young attractive woman are working girls and this bothers me. Her photos are usually at nice places with nice paintings, plants, and nice tiled floors, so I know she is defiantly not home. For being poor she gets her hair done like twice a week. Please help, any info or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Married on the first trip? Your initial reaction is the correct one!! But, come on down. The weather is great and there are millions all over the country in every shade under the sun. Bring lots of cash and an appetite for ice cold beer, premium rum, premium cigars and hot chicas that will make you think they think you are the greatest.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
want the cure for your Dominican fever? just go to any website that shows girls from Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, you name it. they have pretty girls there, too. don't get carried away by some pretty face. as soon as you get here you will realize that every 15 minutes a girl will pass by who is twice as nice as your uncle's niece. then what?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Her photos are usually at nice places with nice paintings, plants, and nice tiled floors, so I know she is defiantly not home. For being poor she gets her hair done like twice a week. Please help, any info or advice will be greatly appreciated.

She's probably very frugal. Does her own hair then runs out to a hotel lobby with nice paintings and takes a selfie for you.
She sounds like a keeper. You should propose.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Despite the " best" intentions of these guys on here to convince you otherwise, she could be a very nice girl and worth your effort, or conversely they could be correct. There are thousands of attractive girls here that are not working girls, but wages are extremely low and good jobs hard to find. Hair care cost about 200 pesos in a salon, but a high percentage do it themselves or with a girlfriend. Ask her what kind of cellphone she has.

Aug 6, 2006
I think knowing why she cannot call you would be useful.

There is more to a woman than her beauty. There are beautiful women on this planet that could easily make your life a living hell. The same is true of all women, of course.

In addition, a beautiful woman (or any woman) can turn out to be boring. Perhaps just staring at her would be adequate to keep you from getting bored. That depends on your own personality, of course.

Beauty is fleeting but stupid is eternal.

You seem to assume that because she sends you photos regularly that she is taking photos regularly. Of course, you know that this is not necessarily the case. She might have a huge number of photos taken by others (like previous or current boyfriends) and she simply sends you different ones regularly.

Last edited:

colonial

Feb 11, 2013
Why the suspicion? What is wrong with someone trying to improve their life and attract a mate than can provide a more stable life? Many Dominican people who don't come from money have much to offer. If you are interested in pursuing her do so but DO NOT treat her any different than you would an American girl, meaning do not think yourself above her just because you have dollars. Good luck.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The sex ratio between males and females in the DR is roughly one to one Dominican Republic Sex ratio - Demographics

So that means as a foreigner you are competing directly with Dominican men. They don't have the best track record for fidelity, trustworthiness, dependency etc.....

Like all women around the world, Dominican women want a man to treat them well. Not all Dominican girls are hookers. There are many beautiful girls out there with an education and a job. But the wages are low. I know a girl who works at a bank, approving credit. She earns 20,000 pesos a month. That is a good salary for a Dominican. But she can't find a good man who earns more than her and won't take advantage of her.

It's so easy for us gringos to be happy here. Treat your Dominican partner like you would treat your European/American/Canadian partner and you will reap the rewards!

Take it from me! I treated my English wife like a princess. She had a very comfortable life. But she got fat and lazy and demanded to be promoted to a queen! So I got rid of her and traded her for a younger Dominican one. I only know how to treat women with respect, honesty and love.....thrown in with a bit of money and presents every now and then.

I now live like a king in my house. I have a beautiful young Dominican wife who is now the mother of our twins. She is a fantastic mother, she worships me, she is the best cook I know. She has time for the kids, me, her work, looking after the house and looking after herself.

Dominicans still adopt the old fashioned idea that the man who provides for his family is the head of the household. When he comes home from work he is not expected to cook, look after babies, clean or do the washing up!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The sex ratio between males and females in the DR is roughly one to one Dominican Republic Sex ratio - Demographics

So that means as a foreigner you are competing directly with Dominican men. They don't have the best track record for fidelity, trustworthiness, dependency etc.....

Like all women around the world, Dominican women want a man to treat them well. Not all Dominican girls are hookers. There are many beautiful girls out there with an education and a job. But the wages are low. I know a girl who works at a bank, approving credit. She earns 20,000 pesos a month. That is a good salary for a Dominican. But she can't find a good man who earns more than her and won't take advantage of her.

It's so easy for us gringos to be happy here. Treat your Dominican partner like you would treat your European/American/Canadian partner and you will reap the rewards!

Take it from me! I treated my English wife like a princess. She had a very comfortable life. But she got fat and lazy and demanded to be promoted to a queen! So I got rid of her and traded her for a younger Dominican one. I only know how to treat women with respect, honesty and love.....thrown in with a bit of money and presents every now and then.

I now live like a king in my house. I have a beautiful young Dominican wife who is now the mother of our twins. She is a fantastic mother, she worships me, she is the best cook I know. She has time for the kids, me, her work, looking after the house and looking after herself.

Dominicans still adopt the old fashioned idea that the man who provides for his family is the head of the household. When he comes home from work he is not expected to cook, look after babies, clean or do the washing up!

when you say "old fashioned idea", old fashioned to whom? in certain cultures, that is how things work. men go out and make a financial living, and women attend to domestic chores. maybe the men in your country don aprons and mop floors, but caribbean men do not do that. some cook, because they enjoy it, but do not look to see them on their knees scrubbing the bathtub. also, guess what? their women do not want to see them doing it, either. these are machismo cultures, and those activities ruin the image of men, in the eyes of women.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
when you say "old fashioned idea", old fashioned to whom? in certain cultures, that is how things work. men go out and make a financial living, and women attend to domestic chores. maybe the men in your country don aprons and mop floors, but caribbean men do not do that. some cook, because they enjoy it, but do not look to see them on their knees scrubbing the bathtub. also, guess what? their women do not want to see them doing it, either. these are machismo cultures, and those activities ruin the image of men, in the eyes of women.

The modern western culture is that men and women both work to earn as much money as they possibly can to pay their debts such as mortgages etc.

So the wife takes time off work to have a baby. She is at home all day with the baby. Working like an unpaid slave, caring for the child, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, cooking, going out grocery shopping.

When the man comes home from a 12 hour shift. The baby is thrown into his arms. "You've been taking it easy at work all day, I'm tired and going for a nap. Give me a shout when dinner's ready"!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The modern western culture is that men and women both work to earn as much money as they possibly can to pay their debts such as mortgages etc.

So the wife takes time off work to have a baby. She is at home all day with the baby. Working like an unpaid slave, caring for the child, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, cooking, going out grocery shopping.

When the man comes home from a 12 hour shift. The baby is thrown into his arms. "You've been taking it easy at work all day, I'm tired and going for a nap. Give me a shout when dinner's ready"!

the modern western culture? can i assume that to mean the one to which you subscribe? there are societies which choose to retain their traditional underpinnings, and not to adopt something which works for other people. if you are comfortable with doing domestic chores which females of the species accept to be their roles in caribbean and latin societies, be my guest. i can assure you that when your lady's girlfriends come over for a visit, and you are scrubbing the toilet bowl in your plastic gloves, a few derisive words get spoken among their group. this is not a "modern western culture", as you characterize it. we have not yet evolved to the status of the 'sensitive man, who is getting in touch with his feminine side". they have names for that in this neck of the woods.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
the modern western culture? can i assume that to mean the one to which you subscribe? there are societies which choose to retain their traditional underpinnings, and not to adopt something which works for other people. if you are comfortable with doing domestic chores which females of the species accept to be their roles in caribbean and latin societies, be my guest. i can assure you that when your lady's girlfriends come over for a visit, and you are scrubbing the toilet bowl in your plastic gloves, a few derisive words get spoken among their group. this is not a "modern western culture", as you characterize it. we have not yet evolved to the status of the 'sensitive man, who is getting in touch with his feminine side". they have names for that in this neck of the woods.

You write so eloquently but alas your writing skill does not match your comprehension ability!

Read the bit where I said I traded my English wife for a Dominican one!

Aug 6, 2006
The thing is that housework is mechanized in the developed world. Neither men nor women have to draw the water, heat water to bathe the children, go down to the river to clean clothes by beating them on a rock, or to spend all day in the kitchen doing a marathon putting together a complicated sancocho. Now there are sem-iprepared dishes that only require minimal preparation or a simple nuking. What we do is stuff the clothes in the washer, then into the dryer, and if they are stained, they are simply replaced. Perhaps middle class Dominicans have all the latest appliances, but the wealthiest families have servants, and it seems that Hispanic culture is still getting caught up with the times. In the US it started out that after the children were in school, the wife got a job for a few extra dollars in the US, but these days, it is more like the typical American family is up to their chins in debts like house payments, car leases and credit card debt, and for an educated wife to just be a housewife is increasingly impossible.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You write so eloquently but alas your writing skill does not match your comprehension ability!

Read the bit where I said I traded my English wife for a Dominican one!

well, you are the one who remarked about Dominican men, and their old fashioned beliefs. i take it ,then, that you are no different in your beliefs. it isn't just Dominican men. apart from some 'sensitive men" from Rhode island and Colorado, and such social cutting edge enclaves, men are still men. watching a novela will explain that insight.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
@gorgon, I think u are wrong!!!!!!
We share household chores and yes my wife is dominican. Our dominican friends that come round are surprised that we do.
BUT the only smart ass comments ( that I stick straight up their place that sunshine never sees..) are from the men.
The woman LOVE it and say so ( and hit on me more than not ).

True back home in europe my friends, male and female alike, all say that my wife looks after me wonderfuly, so there is 2 sides to the coin.

And my wife doesnt want to be provided for!!!! We both earn, sometimes we both work, sometimes only her, sometimes only me.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
well, you are the one who remarked about Dominican men, and their old fashioned beliefs. i take it ,then, that you are no different in your beliefs. it isn't just Dominican men. apart from some 'sensitive men" from Rhode island and Colorado, and such social cutting edge enclaves, men are still men. watching a novela will explain that insight.

I used the term "old fashioned" because what is accepted as typical Dominican / Latin / Caribbean culture today is what was accepted in England a generation ago.

My Father didn't do childcare, cooking, cleaning, laundry etc. He worked and earned a living and provided for the family. Modern England is not like that any more. Women have higher status jobs and men are expected to contribute towards domestic chores.

Status
Not open for further replies.